Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Team Pink - Car seat question

Have you found a car seat that you really like for your baby girl?  DH and I really liked the reputation of either the Graco Snugride (32 or 35) and the Chicco Keyfit 30.  We are really fine with either car seat, maybe more so with the Graco, because then we can just use a Snap and Go.  I can't find any patterns that I think are really appropriate for a girl at BRU, and I don't like the models that I have seen at the discount stores.  BRU online isn't helpful either.  What are you all using?  Am I being too picky - it doesn't have to be covered in flowers, but some feminine colors would be nice.  If we go with a travel system, then we seem have more choices, but I am trying to avoid it.

If we go with a Peg car seat, then I have seen some online in more feminine colors, but I have a small problem with the price.  Do I have to get a Peg stroller, or is there a universal frame that would work?

Thanks ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Team Pink - Car seat question

• Options

We got the Graco Snugride 32. We had the same problem with the lack of feminine patterns. We ended up getting a neutral one.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3330193&fromRegistryNumber=45318773&product_skn=203255

• Options
    I'm going neutral.  Just on the off chance we decide to have another one, I don't want to have to purchase yet another car seat :)
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think there is a snap and go that the Chicco 30 will fit (we tried one at BRU and it worked). I forget which brand it was, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think papetvet said she went with a chicco model and you can order other covers from the company, might ask her though, I could be wrong!
  • Options
    rcbukorcbuko member

We got a Chicco Keyfit 30 for this baby in a neutral color.  I wanted a girly color since this will likely be our last baby but there weren't any at the store that day and I had a great coupon.  Oh well.

For DD1, we used a hand me down Gracco from a friend.  It was totally boy with bears and all blue.  I would have wanted a more girly one but couldn't turn down the free functional carseat.  It was too old by the time this baby comes so that's why we wound up buying a new one.   

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • Options

I got the Snugride for DD and got it in the Delaney (purple and black).  I ended up being glad to get that one (fairly nuetral) because when we later had DS, I just used it again.  

This time around, I can either use it, or just buy a cute new cover, which I'll probably do from etsy. 

• Options

I never knew about the covers!  Thanks ladies.

And I would be okay with neutral - you know like a beige or something like that, but everything just seems very masculine at the store.

We may look into the Peg a little more.

• Options
    We go t the Graco Snugride in Jewell.  It isn't overly girly but I thought it had just enough girlyness to it.  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3350010
  • Options
    We picked the Chicco Keyfit 30 system in "chic." Pink, green, and khaki. DH didn't want pink because of the potential to have another baby and it be a boy. However, vlewis is correct. According to the sales rep who I spoke with at Chicco, you can switch out the fabric for 47 dollars (plus 5 dollars shipping). Some BRUs have Chic, others do not yet. It is, however, on the Chicco website.
  • Options
    We got the Graco Platinum snug ride, it is a champagne/beige color.  We chose it because the people at the store said the Graco car seats are best compatible with the bugaboo stroller we got.  I also chose it because it was way lighter than the peg perego, I was leaning towards that one because I thought it was safer, but the people at the store told me they are both equally safe.  I could barely lift the peg car seat and there was no baby inside.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"