Stay at Home Moms

NSAHM-related: Warning - world's ugliest bathroom inside...

Ok ladies, I desperately need your design help.  Here's our downstairs 1/2 bath.  It's the only room in the house we haven't done anything with.  We can't spend the money right now to completely re-do the bathroom, but I was thinking that we could do SOMETHING to make it a little better.  What do you think?  I was obviously thinking about removing the pink and gold flecked goldfish wallpaper (as stylish as it is :) and repainting, but what color?  What would look ok with the Pepto-pink with black tiles?  Just white?  I was also thinking of removing the old medicine cabinet and just putting a mirror. 

Help!!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NSAHM-related: Warning - world's ugliest bathroom inside...

• Yikes. Ok, definitely strip the wallpaper, and yes, I'd paint the upper part white. Then stick with a whole 'vintage' theme, and put up plain black and white prints, with thick black frames to accent. Ditto on the medicine cabinet-remove it, replace with a mirror with thick black frame. I don't know what is next to your bathroom, but if possible, to let a little more light in and also give privacy, I'd replace the mini blinds with top down, bottom up, blinds (as long as there isn't a tall house or bldg next to you!!
  • Your DS's picture in your sig goes perfect with showing us your bathroom!  Yikes!  

Our bathroom in our old house was very similar only we had gray/green tile instead of pink.  I painted the walls white and found a funky art-deco shower curtain that was white with black and gray.  I used black and white pictures to accent the walls and white towels.  I think your best bet is to downplay the pink as much as possible.  Paint the walls white and stick with black or white towels and accents.  Good luck! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have heard you can paint tiles like that.  Maybe google some ways to do that.  THen pain the upper half like a blue/gray and paint the tiles white.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have seen tips on painting tile.  You should google it and see if it's something you would want to do.  I'm keeping it in mind for when we work on bathrooms.

Though I have to say, it's kinda nice to know someone has a bathroom as hideous as mine.  Wink

• I like it! I would decorate it with fluffy poodles.

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• My cousin painted her bathroom tiles and it worked beautifully. 
  • We have a similar styled bathroom in our house, except the tile is blue.  We stripped the wallpaper and painted the walls white, put up some pictures, and replaced the sink with a white pedestal sink...I think it only cost a couple of hundred dollars.  We did everything ourselves, and it is a HUGE improvement over the old version of the bathroom.

good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"