Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Coppertone Waterbabies...warning

I bought this sunscreen because it said "pure & simple" and  "tear free." I put it all over DD today and after being in the water for a little while she started screaming and crying. She was rubbing her eyes and they were turning bright red, swollen and burning. Finally after about 10 minutes of wiping her face with a washcloth she started to calm down. Her eyes were still red when I put her to bed. 

My friend said the same thing happened to her DD. I hate when there is false advertising on children's products.  

Samantha Isabelle Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Elle KateLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Coppertone Waterbabies...warning

• Oh no! Poor baby!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Poor thing!

Try California Babies. I put it all over AJ's face--even over his eye lids by accident sometimes--and it never bothers him. He has his momma's ridiculously sensitive skin, too. I love that stuff. And as a bonus, it's sunblock, not sunscreen (better for them).

• Loading the player...
  • Do you remember if it had time to "sink in" before going swimming?  I wonder if that would make a difference.  I'm pretty sure that's the one we have, so I'll have to get something else for swimming.
  • imagekatiekate1974:

Poor thing!

Try California Babies. I put it all over AJ's face--even over his eye lids by accident sometimes--and it never bothers him. He has his momma's ridiculously sensitive skin, too. I love that stuff. And as a bonus, it's sunblock, not sunscreen (better for them).

Generally I use California Babies products but didn't have time to pick it up today and just bought whatever was designed for children at CVS. I am so angry! 

Samantha Isabelle Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Elle KateLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekatiekate1974:

Poor thing!

Generally I use California Babies products but didn't have time to pick it up today and just bought whatever was designed for children at CVS. I am so angry! 

• image7/04Bride:
    Do you remember if it had time to "sink in" before going swimming?  I wonder if that would make a difference.  I'm pretty sure that's the one we have, so I'll have to get something else for swimming.

I put it on before we left the house so it had time to dry! 

• Poor LO, thanks for the heads up!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, poor thing! That's the sunscreen we used before, and we never had any problems. But I just went ahead and bought Neutrogena Baby sunblock which is supposed to be better.
  • imageLisichka:
    Oh, poor thing! That's the sunscreen we used before, and we never had any problems. But I just went ahead and bought Neutrogena Baby sunblock which is supposed to be better.

This is what we did too but I just saw on a website that rates the safety of sunscreens (cant rememer the name) that the neutrogena one is rated unsafe, but warerbabies is rated ok....so now i'm thinking about switching back. I just cant afford the California baby at $20 a bottle...we use it almost daily.

• Same thing happened with DS.  The Neutrogena Baby Free and Clear stuff seems to be much better.
  • imagekatiekate1974:

Poor thing!

California Baby is really expensive, but it doesn't burn or sting, and it protects very well.  If it were a little cheaper, I would use it on my own skin, but it's a little too pricey.
  • imagekatiekate1974:

Poor thing!

California Baby is really expensive, but it doesn't burn or sting, and it protects very well.  If it were a little cheaper, I would use it on my own skin, but it's a little too pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"