Pregnant after IF

this is too ridiculous not to share

so my mom's family is mmmm a bit self involved to say the least. i am at a point where i just shrug and laugh because i have zero expectations when it comes to them. but it does bother me that my mom gets really hurt. she does so much for everyone it would be nice if someone reciprocated for her, but yeah that will never happen.

so my cousin is visiting from florida with her kids and coming on friday for like 4 or 5 days. she and her mother (my mom's older sister) have repeatedly made comments about how i should schedule my c-section for when she is here or so that if there is a bris/naming it falls when she is here. we have kind of shrugged and laughed it off. well as the date comes closer of my cousin's visits the comments get more and more ridiculous. and my mom has kept her cool and just shrugged it off but today she let it rip on my aunt, and rightfully so.

today my aunt calls my mom and asks how dressy a naming/bris would be. and my mom was just why are you asking this? well my cousin needs to pack outfits for herself and her kids so she "needs" to know. so my mom just told her that she doesn't want to hear one more thing about my babies being born while my cousin is here or before as right now our only focus is me keeping the babies cooking as long as possible. and my aunt goes on and on about how it's completely fine for me to have the twins now and nothing would be wrong and my mom is being silly.

yeah it's so silly for my mom to want her daughter to cook her grandchildren as long as possible.  

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: this is too ridiculous not to share

• wow, that's all i have to say. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She needs to FRO.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That's beyond ridiculous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • "Huh, did you go to medical school when I wasn't paying attention?"

How completely absurd.

• Babsie7Babsie7 member
    You were more than kind in saying they are "a bit self involved". That is so selfish! Sorry you (and your mom) have to deal with that.
  • why do people, especially family think it's okay to insert their opinions and requests into someone else's birth plan?

It is not okay for you to have these babies yet. You should photocopy some of the pages out of Dr. Luke's book with the different size feet and head measurements and just write at the top, does it look like a week doesn't make a difference to you?

• imagekimarino13:
    She needs to FRO.

This pretty much says it all. 

Daycare is SO exhausting!
    Blog
  • sarcasm: How dare you not plan your pregnancy around the times of year she is free to come up!  You should have timed this better Confused 

How rude of them!  Keep those babies cooking for as long as you can!

• Wow.  Angry
  • amazing...seriously...wow
  • i want to go to florida and kick their ass.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagenikinikinine:

why do people, especially family think it's okay to insert their opinions and requests into someone else's birth plan?

It is not okay for you to have these babies yet. You should photocopy some of the pages out of Dr. Luke's book with the different size feet and head measurements and just write at the top, does it look like a week doesn't make a difference to you?

This is a fabulous suggestion!!!!

• that is beyond crazy and who would ask that!

sorry your mom (and you) have to deal with those crazies.

and 34 weeks - that's awesome cutie

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"