Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

My 3D-PT Review...

I started the 3 Day Potty Training on Wednesday (so we're on day 5, or day 2 "post training").  For us, the jury is still out on its effectiveness.  I've definitely seen improvements, but a child can show tons of signs of readiness and this program can still not work.

Pros:  1)  DS has been waking up 100% dry at naps/night, 2)  DS is much more comfortable with the potty, and 3)  DS can hold it longer and seems to be using the potty on a more "regular" schedule.

Cons:  1)  DS still won't tell me before he has to go, 2)  Until today, DS had stopped using any words associated with PTing (ie - pee, poop/caca, potty, wet), and 3)  I feel like all the work has been on me to learn DS's bodily habits and try to get him on the potty at those times vs. DS thinking "oh, I need to go now" and heading to the potty himself.

Like RoxySurf99, we followed the program closely...with only two deviations:  sticker chart instead of snacks for reinforcement, and a diaper on top of the underwear for night/naps.  This morning was our best day yet (three potty successes and only one accident) plus 15-20 minutes of play outside without an accident, so I am hoping that the progress continues.  I plan to keep going until DS is either fully trained, or I have a mental breakdown if he regresses to all day accidents.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Re: My 3D-PT Review...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"