Success after IF
Options

NY or Long Island girls help- more weddng drama

MAP

I hope that map works.

A= wedding

B= reception

C= Grandma's house (gathering point and socializing)

For those that havent been following the saga DHs cousin is getting married in NY on Dec 30th.  DH hasnt seen this family in 11 years and I have never met them.  

MIL is upset that we are thinking of leaving the boys with my mom and is begging DH to bring the boys so she can show them off.   She said she would pay for meals and lodging if we did so but that she wants to stay near grandmas house.  She would also pay for the rental car that would be needed to get from grandmas to the wedding and such.  

I would love to take the boys because ...well because I have never spent the night without them.  I also know that if the boys come we will not get to see anything and will spend them time visiting with family for sure (not sure at this point we would get to see anything anyway).  Bringing the boys also means traveling with MIL.  Her and I have different ideas on how travel should be done.  

Bring the boys or not?  If not where do we stay?

***If it matters in your thinking I looked and right now flights are $500 each and this wedding takes place just after the boys second birthday so they would need their own seats. ***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NY or Long Island girls help- more weddng drama

• Options

I would ask MIL to pay for the flights instead.  You need to rent a car and get a hotel anyway, so that cost is fixed whether you bring them or not, right? 

I can't believe you have never met your husbands family, I would definitely try to bring the boys so they could meet them.  Maybe it's just me because I'm older, but my parents are getting up there, you may think they have the rest of their lives to meet them, but they may not.

Have fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have met most of his family just not this branch (aunt, uncle, cousin (groom) and grandma). 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"