Breastfeeding

Do you eat peanut butter?

Is it okay to eat PB while BFing if you have no peanut allergies or peanut allergies in the family? My pedi OK'd it for me since I LOVE PB, but I am now reading conflicting information online from other mamas. So what have you decided?

Re: Do you eat peanut butter?

• ibisibis member
    I eat it almost every day.
  • great source of protein! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageibis:

this 

• imagetrackchik6:

imageibis:

this 

Ditto. I can't live without it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNikki1007:
    imagetrackchik6:

imageibis:

this 

Ditto. I can't live without it.

Me too.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Love it, eat it every day...can't wait till they can eat it too
  • I ate it often when nursing DS1.  I would steer clear if there was a family history of food allergies, but both sides are free from them.
  • I don't think I could live without peanut butter!
  • I'm gonna go make a sammich then... LOL I love PB! I was hoping I didnt have to avoid it.
  • I eat it. I love it too much to not eat it.
  • I ate peanut butter like a madwoman while pregnant and while nursing.  Turns out, my daughter is highly allergic to peanuts.  Her allergist assured me that there have been no conclusive studies to link peanut/peanut butter consumption in the mother with allergies in the kids.    So, ENJOY! :)
  • I eat it!  I also enjoy almond butter everyday :)  
  • I hate PB - I've been told that makes me very strange!  lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Peanut butter has practically been my main source of sustenance from the time I got pregnant and will continue to be for a while.  It's so easy to slap together a peanut butter sandwich while holding DS in one arm or in his sling.  I also love Nutella, which is hazelnut.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebdjSLP:
    I ate peanut butter like a madwoman while pregnant and while nursing.  Turns out, my daughter is highly allergic to peanuts.  Her allergist assured me that there have been no conclusive studies to link peanut/peanut butter consumption in the mother with allergies in the kids.    So, ENJOY! :)
    Good to know. I also ate PB all thru my pregnancy, and almond butter. And PB crackers. :)
  • ayramayram member
    Mmmm..PB crackers....mmmmm...now I'm hungry!
    Mom to 4 boys under age 6 Evan, Darren, Liam & Isaac
  • I eat it every day.  I'm not a huge meat eater so I figure I have to get protein from something.  I did the same while nursing DD#1 and she has no issues.  She loves it too!   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No universal food restrictions while nursing.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I eat it several times a week.  No peanut allergies on either side of our family and pedi said it was fine.
    the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I eat it almost every day, when I was pregnant and now. 

I think I read something on the AAP site where they said that there's no evidence that avoiding allergenic foods is protective against allergies. And we have no family history of nut allergies anyway.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • I might die if I had to avoid peanut butter. I sometimes eat it with a spoon now when the cravings start. I just keep telling myself: Protein! Protein!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"