Working Moms

if you do laundry every day

how do you sort?  do you just wash everything on cold, or do you have piles of undone, sorted laundry and do one every day? 

Re: if you do laundry every day

• betsnupbetsnup member
    I usually end up doing a load of laundry every day, but I don't sort it until I need to do it.  I don't wash DH's clothes, so all of my clothes go into my own hamper.  Some days I wash a load of the boy's clothes (I tend to wash all of their clothes together, whites included, because they don't have a ton of whites), some days I wash towels, or sheets, or blankets, and when I'm washing my clothes, I pull out of my hamper what I need and put everything back in there.  I tend to do my clothes all in the same day, usually, though.
  • I got lucky ... my wonderful fiance does all of our laundry. He is one of 8 kids so they always had to do their own, and when he lived on his own with his daughter he was just use to doing it, so when we finally moved in together and bought our first house, he just started doing all of mine too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • right now we have 2 hampers in our closet - one for lights (towels also get thrown in here) and 1 for darks.  That way I don't have to sort.

not sure how we are going to manage LO's laundry - most likely 2 hampers for him.   

• DH does most of our laundry, but we have a single hamper of unsorted laundry and just pull out the appropriate items from that for whatever load is getting done that day.

• I sort my laundry - lights, darks, towels, and diapers.  Cloth diapers need to be done every other day, so I do the following:

Sunday night: Put in a cold wash for diapers
    Monday morning: Start hot wash for diapers - put in dryer/hang up stained ones outside when I get home from work.
    Monday night: Put in a warm wash for lights
    Tuesday morning: Put lights in dryer, fold when I get home
    Tuesday night: Put in a cold wash for diapers
    Wednesday morning: Start hot wash for diapers, finish those off in the afternoon
    Wednesday night: Put in a cold wash for darks
    Thursday morning: Put darks in dryer, fold when I get home

Etc, etc.  It's actually not bad, since I am never waiting on laundry to be finished - it gets done when we are at work or sleeping.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • In order to keep on top of it, I do one load every day.  I sort like this:

- Everything of LO gets done together

- My and DHs' Delicates (cold)

-My and DH's underwear/socks/undershirts/whites (Hot)

-I save all the towels and sheets and bathmats and send them out to the laundromat where they wash and fold all of it (we have a laundromat that does this right downstairs from our building)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"