Toddlers: 24 Months+

If you have 2 or more...toy storage question

DD#2 is getting close to being somewhat mobile (you know that stage where I leave her on the floor and come back to find her in a different spot with a change pad in her mouth), which makes me think that it's time to clean out our toy bin of all the small/dangerous things.  Just wondering what everyone else has done to keep their 'big kid' toys away from their wee ones.  Where are you putting it?    DD#1 is only 2, so it's not like she has tons of small things but, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Re: If you have 2 or more...toy storage question

• I'm almost in that boat. My plan is to put the small toys in our downstairs toy box where normally only DD#1 plays. When DD#2 starts playing there more I'm not sure what my plan will be. Maybe move the small toys to DD#1's room?
  • My DD#1 had to learn to play with a lot of stuff at the kitchen table.  She loves little things which were (still are) very hard to keep track of with the baby around.  I cleaned out a drawer in the dining room hutch for some stuff and put other toys in plastic drawer bins in the hall closet.  Some of it I just took away and hid, we'll get that out when DD#2 stops putting EVERYTHING in her mouth which I hope is soon!  

DD#1 never had any jealousy issues until #2 was mobile and started getting into her stuff.  Then it was ON!  lol :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess because mine are so close together (13.5 months), I never really had that problem, because DS1 didn't really have toys with small pieces at that age either. The only thing I have really had to worry about is broken crayons/chalk. I make him keep crayons at the table but have to be fast if he drops one. I have had to temporarily remove his chalk from his chalkboard easel, because DS2 keeps trying to eat it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Yikes!  I didn't even think of crayons etc.  There isn't much (yet) that's dangerous, and I'm sure my older one won't even notice if stuff is gone =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"