January 2011 Moms
Options

Well that's sort of annoying

We hadn't seen some of our friends in a really long time, so we went out on Saturday.  They don't know I'm pg yet.  I drank some sprite and then switched to water.  The waiter put my sprite on the wrong bill and so our friend was like "um, my bill is wrong I didn't have a sprite."  Ergh.  Waiter!!!  Then our friend was like "uhhhh you just had a plain sprite?"  Me, "yeah."  And I left it at that.  Luckily, he had enough beers to where his thought process stopped there. 

I do have to say though it was also annoying that when I woke up the next morning I had a split second thought of, oh man I drank too much last night.  Oh no I didn't.  That's just my daily life now :/ Although, sometimes I'm ok with the symptoms just because it is reassurance :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Well that's sort of annoying

• Options
    pawcallpawcall member

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about trying not to be outed because of not drinking.  I'm super duper ridiculously thankful that, for some reason, the people in my circle never really bother to notice/question what anyone's drinking.  The one issue I ran into was with my best friend, because he and I meet up every monday specifically for beers at a local brew pub.  So yeah, it looked odd when I ordered water. 

I'm sorry the waiter almost outed you though.  That sucks!  Glad your friend wasn't thinking clearly enough to catch on :)

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    imagecdobry01:

The one issue I ran into was with my best friend, because he and I meet up every monday specifically for beers at a local brew pub.  So yeah, it looked odd when I ordered water. 

I'm sorry the waiter almost outed you though.  That sucks!  Glad your friend wasn't thinking clearly enough to catch on :)

Did your friend catch on or did it go over his head?  

And me too!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pawcallpawcall member

He bought it for the first couple of weeks, but I eventually told him because I really REALLY hate lying to someone that I'm so close to.

I think he was trying to remain unaware on purpose.  He and I have been close friends for a long time and he's very brotherly in the "no one is good enough for you" way.  He and my husband don't get along at all and right up until I told him I was pregnant, I think he was hoping I would say I was kicking Tom out.

I love my husband very much, but he can be *very* difficult to get along with.  He and I butt heads all the time and my best friend hates seeing it.

[spoiler]

• Options
    imagecdobry01:

He bought it for the first couple of weeks, but I eventually told him because I really REALLY hate lying to someone that I'm so close to.

I think he was trying to remain unaware on purpose.  He and I have been close friends for a long time and he's very brotherly in the "no one is good enough for you" way.  He and my husband don't get along at all and right up until I told him I was pregnant, I think he was hoping I would say I was kicking Tom out.

I love my husband very much, but he can be *very* difficult to get along with.  He and I butt heads all the time and my best friend hates seeing it.

I'm sorry if this is too forward, but I have to ask-just ignore me if it pisses you off. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.

Have you ever think your friend has a thing for you? I might be biased since DH was my "best friend" for years before I learned he was in love with me, but I honestly don't believe guys stick around just for the friendship if they aren't attracted to you at all. 

I also hung out with a big group of guys in college and I dated 3 of them (incl DH), and also learned that every single one of them had a crush on me. I hope that doesn't sound conceited, it's just the way guys and girls are, IMO. I don't believe there are truly platonic friendships, especially when you are so close and see each other every week and he doesn't like your DH. Doesn't that bother your DH?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecdobry01:

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about trying not to be outed because of not drinking.  I'm super duper ridiculously thankful that, for some reason, the people in my circle never really bother to notice/question what anyone's drinking.  The one issue I ran into was with my best friend, because he and I meet up every monday specifically for beers at a local brew pub.  So yeah, it looked odd when I ordered water. 

it's so sad that we are all in such a world of drinking goes with everything, every party, every meal!  i am in this boat too, but it's weird... when you suddenly aren't drinking, you know what, it's really not that bad (and my seltzer waters are way less calories ;)

• Options
    pawcallpawcall member
    imageitsmegin:
    imagecdobry01:

I'm sorry if this is too forward, but I have to ask-just ignore me if it pisses you off. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.

Have you ever think your friend has a thing for you? I might be biased since DH was my "best friend" for years before I learned he was in love with me, but I honestly don't believe guys stick around just for the friendship if they aren't attracted to you at all. 

I also hung out with a big group of guys in college and I dated 3 of them (incl DH), and also learned that every single one of them had a crush on me. I hope that doesn't sound conceited, it's just the way guys and girls are, IMO. I don't believe there are truly platonic friendships, especially when you are so close and see each other every week and he doesn't like your DH. Doesn't that bother your DH?

My friend did (and if everyone's being honest, probably still does to some degree) have feelings for me.  We sorted things out in that department before I met DH.  Well, as sorted as possible, I guess. 

He probably does still have some attraction - I mean, clearly I'm a total hottie (and modest, too!Stick out tongue), but he gets that he and I are going in different directions (he's young and spends a lot of his time drinking too much beer and smoking too much pot.  It'll be quite some time before he's the settle down type). 

He and DH aren't big fans of each other - DH is jealous that I get to see Sam every week (I work days and DH works nights, so seeing each other can be a rarity) and Sam thinks DH doesn't treat me the way he should (which is also true sometimes).

Sometimes I think I live to complicate things.  I also work closely (in a small company, no less) with my most recent ex of four years.  DH loves that one too.

[spoiler]

• Options
    Oh girl, I get it believe me, I have so been there. Things have calmed down now in my old age, but in my younger days, I was definitely a drama queen heartbreaker. I dated 2 of DH's friends prior to DH, both were at our wedding (one ex was the Best Man) and we still see them all the time. It was rough on everyone at the time but, it is what it is, and as time goes on people move on and realize that maybe it wasn't meant to be and things are better the way they are. My first ex ended up marrying DH's ex gf and they are so happy, it's clear that they were better for each other than we ever were. Hopefully your friend finds someone so he can stop carrying that torch for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"