Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

EBF 1 poop a day?

DD usually poops a few times a day, today there has only been 1 and there wasn't that much, is common for a drastic change to occur?  I'm pretty sure she's teething and in a growth spurt, if that makes any difference.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: EBF 1 poop a day?

• Options
    dawneodawneo member
    DD is EBF and generally only poops once a day (or sometimes once everyother day).  I can't remember when she went from several poops to only one.  It is not uncommon fro EBF babies to go several days without pooping because the breastmilk can be all nutrients and nothing goes to waste.  I friend of mine's DD went 17 days without a poop when she was 3 months.  I would not be worried - most on here say that their pedi said to call if no poop in 3-5 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO is a little younger than yours and she is just starting to cut back to one or two a day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter did the same thing right around 3.5 months. She went from 3x daily to once a day. It lasted for a week, then she settled on 2x per day, which has lasted for a few weeks now. Like pp I have also heard of babies going on "poop strike" and not having a poop for several days. I am glad mine  didn't skip full days, I would have had worrying obsessions over her diapers, even though it's pretty normal!
  • Options
    I dont know exactly what a "poop strike" is, because its perfectly normal for some BFed babies to skip days. But my LO only poops every few days and it never seems to bother him so Im not worried either.
  • Options
    For an EBF baby even going 2-5 days between poops is normal.  There are no fillers in BM so there's generally no concern about constipation.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    My DD poops somewhere between 1 and 3 days.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    In our mommy and me class. the instructor said it was common for babies around 3-4 months to start pooping once a day because their digestive tracks are becoming more mature.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS only goes every 3rd day. I'm excited to start solids in a few months, but then again...not excited about the poo!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"