Infertility
Options

Vericocele ?

Hello!

I mainly post on The Nest Getting Pregnant board but wondered over here b/c we found out recently that DH has a Vericocele. His S/A was only 8 mil w/ 50% motility. We have decided to go a head with the corrective surgery next month and I wanted to know if there were any couples out there who have gone through this already? It would be nice to hear a real life experience of recovery time, BFP's, etc.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vericocele ?

• Options
    My dh had surgery to correct bilateral varicoceles. He took 2 weeks off of work but he has a laborer job which is very physical. His SA improved slightly but unfortunately our RE recommended IVF with ICSI bescause motilty was still low and morph was poor. He is still glad he did it because he had pain issues. We just finished our 2nd ET. Hoping for our long awaited BFP. Good luck to you.
    TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my dh had varicocele surgery in 2/09.. our first planned ivf was for 6/09 & we had to move it back to 9/09.. (for alot of different reasons)... his doc recommended 2 frozen sperm containers..we have one on freeze..  but we too are still doing icsi & after 3 failed ivf's..still waiting for our bfp .. GL to you & your  dh..
    IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!

Do you mind me asking, what the counts were before surgery? The docs seem to think that with DH's 50% motility and 8 Mil we could potentially still get pg on our own. Was IVF recommended to you right away?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"