Pre-School and Daycare

Have you guys seen this new Barbie?

They've come out with a new line of Barbies that are Barbie Black Label Basics.  Here's the collection:

It seems as though one in particular is getting a lot of press.  I saw her at Toys 'R Us yesterday:

Yowza!!!!

Re: Have you guys seen this new Barbie?

• The funniest thing I saw was a clip of an interview w/ a mom upset about the Barbie and she was actually wearing the exact same dress. Not kidding.

I certainly will not be getting this for DD. I almost feel like it would be like getting her a Sex and the City Doll. ewww. I'll stick w/ the Disney princesses for now, thanks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • kada626kada626 member
    ooh yea, she looks kinda like upscale hooker barbie. It would be cute if the boobs weren't hanging out. Maybe sew up another 1/2 inch.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • LMAO.

I'd be more upset if half of DD's Barbies that she has now aren't already naked.

• are these being marketed to kids or are these those adult Barbies that come out every now and again?

I do like the diversity in skin color though.

• imagemomofolivia:

are these being marketed to kids or are these those adult Barbies that come out every now and again?

I do like the diversity in skin color though.

I'm not sure.  They were in the regular Barbie section of our TRU when I was looking at baby dolls for my niece yesterday. 

I like the diversity too.

• She totally looks like a high priced call girl!  Yikes!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Collector's Barbies are also always in the regular Barbie section of the toy store.
  • imageMrsT1209:

LMAO.

I'd be more upset if half of DD's Barbies that she has now aren't already naked.

I know!!!  dd says she's getting them ready for swimming at the pool. lol.  but I think she tries to change them and then gets frustrated with sleeves. lol.

My first thought was It's Omarosa!  

but seriously, dd has mainly disney princess ones, 2 ballerina barbies and one vet one (b/c she says she wants to be a vet. ILs gave it to her)  The vet is in a mini dress with pink "tights" (her legs are pink). a mini dress... the barbi cannot even bend over. lol.  I don't get it.   

• imagemrshutch:

The funniest thing I saw was a clip of an interview w/ a mom upset about the Barbie and she was actually wearing the exact same dress. Not kidding.

I saw that, too. Hysterical!

I am so glad it's gonna be a few years before DD is into Barbie.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • this is SO funny bc I saw this and took a picture as well to show DH. wtf??
  • ok, i don't have a little girl but if i did, this is just annoying.  really? wtf is up with this barbie doll.  the outfit is ridiculous.
  • I'm not a fan of the whole Barbie thing anyway, but that's just nutty.

I'm glad to see some diversity in skin tones as well, but how about diversity of body shape and size?  Come on, Mattel!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • jescgrljescgrl member

i think that picture with all the barbie looks like a promo for the next season of ANTM.

its a Barbie...it'll wind up naked anyway.

• imagejescgrl:

its a Barbie...it'll wind up naked anyway.

Giggle.  So true!  As if Barbie really needed to be further skankified, though...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"