Austin Babies
Options

Give me your best travelling w/11 month old tips!

We've got a vacation to CO coming up in August.  I'm a little worried about the plane flight, as well as the sleeping situation.  Any experience with rental cribs?  What are your best travel tips for this age? (we did not buy her a seat.)

Re: Give me your best travelling w/11 month old tips!

• Options

DD sleeps with us when we travel. She refuses to sleep in a pnp :(

For the flight I usually wear DD in a ring sling or Ergo. She loves to check out the airports, people, etc. We usually get to the airport with plenty of time to sit down and eat (it is painfully difficult for DD to eat a meal on the plane) by the time we get to the gate she has a full belly. Then I usually let her crawl around to get energy out (I'm not a germaphobe Wink). Lots of airports have a kids area with little tikes toys to play on, etc...

For the plane: snacks, books, small toys, portable dvd. Usually DD is so wiped out from the people-watching/playing that she crashes on the plane for at least an hour.

Have a great trip!

Photobucket
  • Options
    Well, when I return from my trip in 2 weeks, I will let you know how it was with an 11 month old on a plane.  Good thing you have your DH with you.  I am solo-ing it.  I also did not buy a ticket for L.  But we are going to my mom's so I won't have to rent a crib.  I am also bringing my carseat as we will be renting a car when we get there.  I will be checking my seat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We did it and it was HARD.  Flight there was ok.  Brought car seat, got a spot for her on the plane (no ticket), she was quiet in the seat, no issues.  Sleeping in the crib the hotel provided was a mess.  She would not sleep with us in the room, would not sleep in the strange crib, ended up sleeping with us, and napping in the Ergo.  Stroller was a waste.  Used it to carry bags, carried her in Ergo.  Flight home was a mess.  No seat for her, tried holding her, her ears were popping, tried juice, ended up with double ear infection when we gothome.  Not to scare you but we had a really hard time with the flying and sleeping in a strange crib.  Other than that it was fine.  Used the travel adapter that hooks the car seat to the suitcase to move the carseat through the airport.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"