Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Travel system stroller and jogger both necessary?

I was only going to get one until my sister highly recommended that I should get both.  What would you recommmend?

Thanks

Re: Travel system stroller and jogger both necessary?

• Options
    IEtoLAIEtoLA member
    I have a system stroller. I want the jogger and wish I would have just got the jogger with a car seat adapter to fit my carseat. Some travel system strollers don't allow you to fit stuff in the storage compartment when the car seat is clicked in, which is why I also wished I had just got the jogger. Getting both I would feel is a waste and why I haven't gotten the jogger now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Well, first, do you run? If not then you don't need a jogger. 

I'd pick the stroller you want long term and get it, then get a carseat that works with it or get a snap and go frame for the newborn stage. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why would you need both?  We got a jogger that comes with an adapter for the car seat so you can use it like the travel system

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The best advice I got when looking into strollers was to wait before getting anything and see what I am really going to want. The travel systems are so heavy and bulky, I think they are a waste. For the first six months, I just used a snap and go which was nice and light. DS was born in October, so there was little walking going on outside during the winter. I now have a BOB revolution jogging stroller, which is fantastic for running and walks...but very large and does not fold down very much, so you can't really take it too many places. I have also bought a Maclaren umbrella stroller, which I take everywhere with me. I have found that these two are all I need. If you are trying to register, I would highly recommend reading the strollers section in the book "baby bargains". GL!
  • Options
    I got a travel system, and really wish I had gotten a jogger. I do run, and the travel system is just bulky. We never take it anywhere because it's such a PITA.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have both and use both for different purposes.  If you are getting a "real" jogger, it will have a stationary front wheel and that is annoying to take to the mall, etc.  But we use it for walks around the neighborhood, etc. because the bicycle tires are much nicer/softer/quieter than the rattly hard stroller wheels on sidewalks.  We use the travel system stroller (first with infant seat, now without) for going shopping, etc... it also has way more storage than the jogger for shopping bags, etc.  For us, both were necessary.
    Just an absolute casserole of nonsense.
    CDH, born 10/26/09.... now I see a family, where there once was none.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"