Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro

Hi All,

I'm not new to the bump, but I am new to this board. Unfortunately, I had a m/c last Friday with our first baby. I had the D&C last Friday after my doc confirmed that the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and didn't have a heartbeat.  My husband and I tried for a year, so it was extremely disappointing. Now it almost feels like it was all a dream and I was never pregnant. We try to look at the bright side of things--like at least we know we can get pregnant..... We're going to start trying again in a week or so. I feel like next time I don't want to tell anyone until we reach our second trimester. This past time I told so many close family and friends b/c we were so excited. I feel like it's going to be hard to get excited again b/c of the fears. You know?

I also learned that I have a tilted uterus. Does anyone else have that? How much harder will it be to conceive? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  

Wait until you get the ok from your doctor before you start TTC again. Most doc's suggest waiting at least on full cycle after a m/c before trying again.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Options
    Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss.  I haven't been TTC very long, but at my Pre-TTC checkup, I too learned I have a tilted uterus.  My Dr. says it shouldn't be any harder to conceive.  I've heard/read all kinds of stories about different positions that make it a straight shot for sperm.  It wouldn't hurt to try :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenormajeane6126:

Wait until you get the ok from your doctor before you start TTC again. Most doc's suggest waiting at least on full cycle after a m/c before trying again.

This. I'm so sorry for your loss.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options

imagehislady922:
    Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss.  I haven't been TTC very long, but at my Pre-TTC checkup, I too learned I have a tilted uterus.  My Dr. says it shouldn't be any harder to conceive.  I've heard/read all kinds of stories about different positions that make it a straight shot for sperm.  It wouldn't hurt to try :-)

I did read about one position. I don't think my husband's going to mind at all. 

• Options
    Oh, surely he won't.  Haha!
  • Options
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options

I'm sorry you are joining us here...but looking forward to getting to know you!

I don't think I have a tilted uterus?  But before pg, when I used to get my Pap, my gyno mentioned that my uterus was at a weird angle, so they had to put the speculum in farther.  But she said not to worry, it doesn't mean pg problems and that it was a myth. I've been pg twice, so I know I don't have a problem getting pg.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We all know your disappointment. Its the worst feeling in the world. I was told I have a tilted uterus but that it had no bearing on the pregnancy...as in it did not cause the miscarriage. I had no problem conceiving with a tilted uterus either...Hope you are able to get your BFP soon!
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss, especially after you'd been trying so long :(  Thinking of you and your DH. 
    ~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope we can be a source of emotional support for you during this time.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's very difficult. I don't think we'll tell anyone until the second trimester either. My husband knows now why I wanted to wait.

As for the tilt, it really shouldn't be a problem.

• Options

I'm SO sorry for your loss!

As for the "tilted uterus," mine is "tilted" also.  It's always hard for them to find my cervix when I have my yearlys because it's not in the "normal" place.  I had absolutely no complications with DD so I don't believe it causes an "issue" for me.  GL...{{HUGS TO YOU}}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers #1-DD born June 14, 2008 at 40w4d...Our Little Bug is growing so fast! #2-HB 7w5d, Missed mc 3/30/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 8w1d) #3-DS born April 5, 2011 at 38w2d...Our Little Boy is getting so big! #4-Baby #3 is due May 26, 2014! image
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.
    TTC# 1 Since 10/2005----Diagnosed with PCOS March of 2006
    multiple failed cycles, multiple IUIs, lap with ovarian drilling 4/2008
    Finally BFP on 11/23/09 beta#1=36 beta#2 =62 beta#3=139
    Liliana was born on March 27,2010 at 21w5d due to infection and pre-term labor
    BFP #2 on 6/20/10 after Gonal-F and TI First u/s showed Twins! 
    TTC#2 since 02/2012 with out RE... 
    Back to RE 08/2016----- Cycle #1 10/2016 Femara 7.5mg=???
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    i just wanted to say that i am terribly sorry for your loss.  it really sucks that we are all here but i know that you will find alot of support on this board.  there have been days that i have thought i just couldn't make it through but i logged on here and found that there are people who understand so we are all here for you.  hope you get your BFP soon..
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss ... sending big hugs !!!
    5 ANGELS IN HEAVEN ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -> miss m/c discovered on 4/6/09 at 9wks 3 days ( measured 6wks 1day ) m/c on 4/15/09 -> natural m/c on 8/27/09 at 8wks 1 day -> miss m/c discovered on 5/27/10 at 8wks 3 days ( measured 8wks ) m/c on 6/15/10 -> natural m/c on 1/27/11 at 10wks 3days -> natural m/c on 3/12/12 at 7wks ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, but welcome to the board.  I hope you find all the support and info you need here.  The ladies are really fabulous.  As PP mentioned, I would suggest waiting for Dr. ok before TTC again - mine had me wait 2 full cycles (everyone's dr. is different...).  GL
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"