Cincinnati Babies

Wanting an outdoor toy.

I want to get something for Audrey to do outside this summer and was thinking a swing would be a fun way to get some fresh air. however we have no trees and no where on our house that we could put one of those hanging baby swings.

I saw this and thought it was kind of cool. WDYT? Is it going to be too easily outgrown and not worth the money or do you think we could have 2 summers out of it? Have you seen one IRL to tell me the quality. Thanks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image

Re: Wanting an outdoor toy.

• Way too small. Little tykes has a bigger one that would be better. I'll post a pic when I get home.
  • Sorry, it's hard to Nest on the Iphone.  Some of those toys (like that swing) are just far too small. Plus you would have to sit on the ground to push her.   Kids can only use them for a few months, if that.  We have this https://tinyurl.com/6njnp4 which we bought on Craigslist for $100.  You will just need to swap out one of the swings for a baby swing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Craiglist!

I have seen that exact one of there at least 1x a week, plus lost of other similar ones. Just keep checking you'll find one!

• I don't think you will get more than this summer use out of it...it looks too small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thank you guys off to craigslist :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Depends. No, it's not worth that price, because you won't get two full summers out of it. But people on Dayton Craigslist are ALWAYS selling these and you could score one for $70, if not lower. I bought ours from someone in Belmont last year for $70 and it was in typical shape for being used. Leah used it all summer and loved it, but this summer she's over it just because it's so small and we ended up getting her a bigger slide. So...it was worth what we paid used, but we wouldn't have gotten our money's worth if we had bought it new.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have it. The swing was perfect last summer. She liked the slide, but couldn't climb it by herself last year. Now she is getting a bit big for it, but the slide and climber part are perfect for her now. She still swings in it too.

It was a great solution for us. We don't have room for a huge swingset in our backyard, nor did we want to invest in one because we don't plan to stay in this house for a long time.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • kel716kel716 member

I think you'd get good use out of it this summer... but it's hard to say on next.  I think you'd be alright next spring, but not necessarily next fall.  Definitely check for it on CL; you'll probably find it.

The other thing Brandon loved last year was a splashpad.  https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=outdoorfunproduct&pid=44508

He could sit on it, and water came up.  He loved splashing!  You could also get a small inflatable pool... 

Here's some pics from last summer:

• My sister has this for her DD, but they actually have it inside in the playroom.  I've never seen her get in the swing, but she loves to play on the slide.  So that part would def last two summers. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"