Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

For the "brown baby club"....funny story

For those of you who don't know me, I had severe pre-e and HELLP Syndrome with my first son, Samuel.  I spent 2 weeks in the hospital prior to his birth and went through 2 rounds of magnesium sulfate, which totally messes with your brain.  Samuel was born at 35 weeks.  After he was born, my OB came in and talked to DH and I 24 hours after his birth.  Samuel was in the NICU.  She was telling us about how boys, especially WHITE boys, generally do a little worse born between 34-37 weeks.  She said they called it the "wimpy white boy syndrome" in the NICU.  Still being completely out of it, I pointed to DH and said, "That's HIS fault!  He's the first white guy I've ever been with!  If it weren't for him, I totally would have married a non-white guy!"  I've never seen a doctor laugh so hard.  DH was rolling.  He knows my nickname in college was the "equal opportunity dater."  

Just thought you guys would like to hear that story.  Stick out tongue 

Re: For the "brown baby club"....funny story

• Options
    LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha - my DS also had "wimpy white boy syndrome"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aegrimmaegrimm member

See!? Brown babies are good to have!  Stick out tongue

That's a funny story!

• Options

They called it "wimpy white boy syndrome" with us too!

Bun teased me the whole time I was pregnant that Jack would come out half black. After learning of the wimpy white boy thing at 31 weeks, I told him (after the doctor left) "Oh I guess we really don't have to worry about that, huh?"

...He didn't really think that was funny.

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options
    imageNastyAnnie:

They called it "wimpy white boy syndrome" with us too!

Bun teased me the whole time I was pregnant that Jack would come out half black. After learning of the wimpy white boy thing at 31 weeks, I told him (after the doctor left) "Oh I guess we really don't have to worry about that, huh?"

...He didn't really think that was funny.

My DH and yours would get along. He also used to tease me that Tegan would come out half black, so it cracked me up when she arrived and looked exactly like him! Also, did you know the supposedly black babu girls do the best in the NICU?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So THATS why my brown boy took his sweet ass time coming out!!!  If I hadnt been induced, I think I'd STILL be pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"