Pregnant after IF

xp from 2nd tri

just wanted to share a weekend vent with you guys too...
Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: xp from 2nd tri

• Ugh, sorry you had to deal with that!! You're being a good mommy and putting baby first, anyone else can cram it with walnuts. :)
  • smileesmilee member

Ugh... MILs can really get under the skin sometimes.  I swear.... I am sorry. You are doing the best you can for your little smudge.  In the wise words of Kim- she can go FRO. 

My MIL is completely incapable of identifying or accepting anything that is not her experience.  I was ready to punch her yesterday.  We were at her house for a little while for  a BBQ and H's cousin and I were talking about the end of pregnancy and how it can be rough, etc.  She kept saying to me .'You know, this is the easiest part, you should just enjoy it."  Finally i said, perhaps for you it was as you 've said numerous times that you never felt better than when you were pregnant, but I on the other hand can barely eat, throw up all.the.time and when I am not, I walk around a nauseous mess.  I worry constantly that my child is not getting enough nutients, I am severely anemic- contributing to the exhaustion.  I do not sleep at all now, so there will be no change there- so for me, this is NOT the easiest part.   Will it be hard when the baby is here?, hell yes... but at least I will not be sick.  Will I be awake  a lot and tired, yes, but at least I won't be sick.  I simply cannot for the life of  me understand why she can't grasp this.

Ugh... MILS.... Ugh! 

It was kinda funny to watch DH try to get me away from her... I think he knew I was ready to blow! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh you have got to be kidding me!!!! Please! Don't even think twice about this absolute ignorance and stress yourself out.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You are doing the right thing.  Ignore her.
    Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Your MIL need to STFU.  Seriously, the whole SCH thing / doctor's orders / risk to the baby thing is not that hard to understand. 

I think your H needs to step in and have a talk with his mother. 

This is her grandchild -  WOW.  She should be applauding you for doing everything you can to protect your baby. 

• ugh gen b/c on top of everything else you need unsolicited bad advice from your mil. so sorry!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh my!  She does need to STFU.  When people act like this, I can't tell if they're just insanely stupid or if they're being passive aggressive and trying to be annoying on purpose under the guise of being insanely stupid.  And when I say "people," I mean MILs.
  • imagesmilee:

In the wise words of Kim- she can go FRO. 

This!!!

B/G twins!
  • imagesaverchic:
    Oh my!  She does need to STFU.  When people act like this, I can't tell if they're just insanely stupid or if they're being passive aggressive and trying to be annoying on purpose under the guise of being insanely stupid.  And when I say "people," I mean MILs.

the bad thing is, I really think if she knew how upset she made me, she'd be devastated. I think she really is that dumb. I dont' know how she raised DH, who is one of the smartest people I ever met.

Isn't that terrible?

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"