Breastfeeding
Options

Which pump do you recommend?

I'm only 14 weeks today, we're researching pumps to see which is best.  Which do you like and which have you tried and wouldn't recommend?  Thanks!

Re: Which pump do you recommend?

• Options
    ToraniTorani member
    I have the Medela PISA.  I like it, but the only other one I've tried is a Medela hospital grade one.  I have the shoulderbag style, which as lots of room for parts, etc which is helpful since I take it to work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I exclusively pump and I have the Medela Freestyle and the Bailey Medical Nurture 3 pump.I started off  my pumping adventures with the Medela Harmony manual pump. Are you going to SAH or go back to  work? If you stay at home, I would recommend  just getting a manual  pump at first. You probably wouldn't need to use it much. If you go back to work I would recommend the Freestyle. I purchased the Bailey pump before I bought my Freestyle and I prefer the Bailey pump though. I really like how portable the freestyle is. I bought it for work.  I prefer the Bailey  pump because I pump more milk from it. This is either because I am used to the feel of it or because I think my Medela shields are too small and I haven't bought larger ones yet.  I can usually pump 6 ozs every 3 hours with my Bailey pump, while  I can only ever get 4 ozs with the freestyle. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my Ameda Purely Yours. I've also used the hospital pump and a rented hospital grade pump. Both those used the same attachments as mine but mine is far more comfortable and still just as efficient. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Medela PISA shoulder bag.  I've never tried anything else, but I have had great luck with this one.  I used it for 9-plus months with DD#1 and it never let me down!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I EP, and have a Medela PISA. I LOVE it! I purchased mine with a 20% off coupon at BRU, so it wound up being closer to $200.

No matter what pump you get, I would check with your insurance company to see if they would cover it as a medical supply. Your doctor may have to write you a prescription, but it would be worth it!

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"