Indiana Babies

Downtown Hotel Help

DH has a conference to attend, & I'm stuck trying to find us a hotel. Like any man, he gave me this task w/o a lot of details.  I'm pretty sure it's at Lucas Oil's convention center.  We would like to be within walking distance or a short drive.  Indoor pools are a big positive for DD and me! LOL

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Downtown Hotel Help

• There is a Comfort Suites on the south side of the stadium. The website shows it has an indoor pool.

There's also a Holiday Inn Express, but it doesn't look like it has an indoor pool.

• Indy is a perfect city for a convention -- EVERY downtown hotel is within easy walking distance!  You won't have to get in the car except to arrive and depart the city.

Closest to the convention center (and connected by tunnel/walkways) are the Marriott, the Hyatt, and the Westin.  A little (like, a few blocks at most) further away you have the Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Omni Severin, Crowne Plaza... plenty to choose from.  Slightly more budget-friendly are the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites (those last two right next to Lucas Oil stadium, so it's a couple blocks south of the heart of downtown).  There are more that I haven't mentioned.

Just Google "downtown Indianapolis hotels" and you can see how well they're all located.  You can literally walk everywhere downtown.

Have fun in Indy!

PS - The convention center isn't connected to Lucas Oil... the stadium is a couple blocks south of the convention center.  Sometimes conventions use Lucas for exhibition space, but the convention center itself is a couple blocks north of the stadium.  Just to clarify!  :)

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • Loading the player...
  • oops!  I hit "post" too soon. 

There's also a Staybridge Suites which has an indoor pool.

Also, check out www.hotelguides.com and search for hotels near the stadium.  It will tell you how far each hotel is from the stadium.

HTH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"