Georgia Babies

Biting while nursing- Help!

Graham has 1 tooth. He has done a few nibbbles since his tooth came in but nothing like today. He bit down hard and drew blood. It hurt! I, of course, pulled back and gasped. Scared him to death so he cried and cried. I don't know what to do to try to keep him from biting me again. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Biting while nursing- Help!

• What i've been told (E has no teeth yet), is the following:

1. If they are latched properly they CANNOT bite

2. Watch closely for signs of active nursing, when it slows, take him off BEFORE he gets bored and tries to bite.

3. If he does it again, or even nibbles. Put him down on the floor and turn your back. The less reaction, the better. 

GL!

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • imageJoelsGirl07:

What i've been told (E has no teeth yet), is the following:

1. If they are latched properly they CANNOT bite

2. Watch closely for signs of active nursing, when it slows, take him off BEFORE he gets bored and tries to bite.

3. If he does it again, or even nibbles. Put him down on the floor and turn your back. The less reaction, the better. 

GL!

He had pulled off and was relatching.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I did not have this problem but I did have a problem with Ava yanking her head back while sucking and it was very painful.  The advice I got was to treat it as if she was biting.  I referred to kellymom (like I always did while nursing).  Here is the link:  https://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html.  Good luck! 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • myrallmyrall member

Usually, a stern "No" will get the point across. Try your best not to scream (I know that's next to impossible, but try). :) 

My stepmom told me that when my little brother bit her while nursing, she lightly thumped him on the forehead. I nearly fell off the couch when I heard that. She said it worked though. LOL. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"