TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

IUI round 2 giving the go ahead

Now I don't know what I want to do.  Take the month off?  If I take June off that means a hellish July with the in-laws staying with us for a couple of weeks.  I am torn.  

They didn't make me feel any more positive about our case.  The first thing they mentioned was how low my estradiol was last cycle - 27 when it should have been in the 100s.  Then they went on to say that it isn't normal to only produce one follie... bla bla bla

DH & I did come to one conclusion.  If I do move forward and have the same results as last time, we are done with the infertility assistance.  

Re: IUI round 2 giving the go ahead

• Options
    vflipovflipo member
    ((hugs)) I'm sorry you didn't get better results. If it were me, I wouldn't take a break cycle. But I'm one of those "just get it over with" type of people.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    jen629jen629 member
    {{{HUGS}} I hope you guys have great success next time..love you!
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry Kona!
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Options
    kew243kew243 member
    Sorry the news wasn't as positive as you were probably hoping.  Sounds like you have some tough decisions.  I don't know what I would do.  On one hand it would be nice to just get it done, but on the other hand I would want my last round to be the best it could be.  Good luck in whatever you do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck and big hugs!  That's such a hard decision to make. 
  • Options
    I would also want to just get it done and over with, but it's up to you.  whichever you chose, best of luck!  ((HUGS))
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  I hope that whatever your decision is that it will be the right one.  Is there anything that they can give you to get the estradiol higher?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options

I'im sorry you didn't better news from the RE.  I personally would do another cycle but that's because I have zero patience.

big hugs to you!!!

oh - and have one of these:  Drinks

• Options
    I think I would probably not take a break either since the IL's would add more stress to the situation the following month.  GL with your decision!
  • Options
    Big hugs Kona. GL with your decision.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you didn't hear other, better things.  I don't think that I would take a break either, having all of the family with you may be too hard on you all. HUgs and good luck deciding.
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options

I am sorry you didn't get the conclusive answers that we would have hoped for. I am glad though that they are giving you the option. My first inclination would be to go for it now - both because you can, and stress in July does not sound like a good idea.

did they put you on anything for the low estradiol? My 2 IUI rounds my RE put me on it from O time to arrival of AF. 

best wishes whatever you choose - and as you know, the offer stands if you need anything.

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options
    GL!! I hope round 2 is it!
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ShemicoShemico member

*hugs*

If it were me I'd probably go at it right away, but im that kinda nuts.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • Options
    imageShemico:

*hugs*

This is me as well, but you have to figure out what you can take, emotionally.

I'm with the others on the estradiol - is there anything they can give you?  Patches/pills/whatever to bring that estrogen to normal levels?  Or is low estrogen an indicator of something and not a symptom in and of itself?

• Options
    Oh Kona, I'm so sorry you have to be going through this.  BIG HUGS!
  • Options
    What a hard decision, kona. I'd probably try to knock another cycle out, myself. I'm sorry the RE wasn't more encouraging. Has anyone mentioned ivf? Is that something you and DH have ruled out for yourselves?
    BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• Options

I'm so sorry. Have you thought about a second opinion? Maybe there is another RE or fertility clinic who has other ideas (acupuncture, homeopathic remedies.. or something else?) about how to get you KU.

I'm always proactive...so I would knock out the IUI now before the in laws and if you are not happy with the results, I would find someone else who has a different approach. But that's just me....

Good luck and big hugs.

• Options
    I'm sorry the results weren't more positive.  At least you and DH are on the same page.
  • Options
    imagesummerbee1:

I'm so sorry. Have you thought about a second opinion? Maybe there is another RE or fertility clinic who has other ideas (acupuncture, homeopathic remedies.. or something else?) about how to get you KU.

I'm always proactive...so I would knock out the IUI now before the in laws and if you are not happy with the results, I would find someone else who has a different approach. But that's just me....

Good luck and big hugs.

I have been under the care of an acupuncturist for quite some time now.  This is the best clinic that we can afford around here.  I live in the lovely OC.  It is just a fact that my ovaries are like a 50 year old hanging out in a 38 year old body. 

• Options

imagetriple_sevens:
    What a hard decision, kona. I'd probably try to knock another cycle out, myself. I'm sorry the RE wasn't more encouraging. Has anyone mentioned ivf? Is that something you and DH have ruled out for yourselves?

RE hasn't brought that up yet, but this is as far as DH and I are willing to go.  Besides, if you don't respond to the injections - how would one be a good candidate?  You got to produce eggs! ;)

• Options
    imagegrr_aargh:
    imageShemico:

*hugs*

This is me as well, but you have to figure out what you can take, emotionally.

I'm with the others on the estradiol - is there anything they can give you?  Patches/pills/whatever to bring that estrogen to normal levels?  Or is low estrogen an indicator of something and not a symptom in and of itself?

This is something I question every time.  They have not offered any solutions as of yet.  And I really haven't found any information floating on the web about it.  I think it is an indicator that I have hardly any eggs left to give from what I read about estrogen, FSH, FH, bla bla bla...  

• Options
    I don't have any advice. Just hugs and prayers.

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sending you really big hugs from Kona.   (((hugs)))
  • Options
    {{hugs}}  I am sorry you didn't get better results. I am wishing you lots of luck.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"