Breastfeeding

Weight loss and pumpers

from the 3rd Tri Board....

I remember the weight coming off pretty quickly with my first while BFing but this time I want to be able to store milk (I wasn't able to with my first). Just wondering how you weight loss was with BF anf storing. After a few months I had a hard time keeping enough weight on to nurse him and don't want the extra pumping to be too hard... just curious of your experience with it all. Thanks!!

Re: Weight loss and pumpers

• Are you worried about eating enough calories to sustain BFing and pumping a stash?

I can't say for sure, b/c I don't do a lot of pumping myself, but I wouldn't imagine there's a huge difference in the number of calories you need if you're just straight BFing vs. BFing and pumping some too.  Unless you're pumping enough to feed triplets or something.

Some women find that their supplies dwindle when trying to diet, others aren't effected.   I lost almost all of my pregnancy weight w/o dieting but the last 5 lbs won't go.  I'm sure I could get rid of them if I cut back on snacking and portion size, but find that when I do that I don't have quite as much milk.  BFing is more important to me than the 5 lbs, so I'll just put up with them. :-)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Im not sure if I understand the question but I EP and it took me 37weeka to put it on and exactly 37 to take it all off. Doesn't matter if your doing both but I definitely wouldn't hardcore diet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"