Babies on the Brain

I had a real WTF voicemail today. This is a rant about my father.

I haven't seen my dad for about 15 years.  He doesn't know I went to college, or law school, or got married, or got divorced, or got married again, or had a baby.  Basically, he knows nothing about who I am.

Today I got a call from Dawn, which is my dad's stepdaughter from his second marriage.  She left me three voicemails about how she was going to call me and then hand the phone to my dad so he'd talk to me, and how he has mixed feelings about my mom which is why he's never called me, etc. etc.  She left me three voicemails because each was so long and rambling they timed out my voicemail recording.

Why on earth would I want to talk to him?  He has shown no interest in me or my life since I was about 8.  I used to seem him occasionally as I grew up, but after high school - nothing.  And he can't call me because he has mixed feelings about my mom?  Really?

They don't make an FU big enough to express how I feel about this.

Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

Re: I had a real WTF voicemail today. This is a rant about my father.

• wtf was she rambling about, and did he say anything? That is so ridiculous, I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
  • wow!  Ditto everything QSS just said.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Loading the player...
  • How weird.  I'm sorry you had to deal with it, too.

On another note, I didn't know you went to law school.  So are you a lawyer?

Photobucket Anniversary
  • Sigh. I'm so sorry. A couple of years ago my biological father tried to step back into my life too. He called out of the blue, and I unfortunately answered it.

Him: You sound so different! 

Me: That's because you haven't talked to me in over 10 years. ::click::

It sucks. I know. I'm sorry.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow that really is crazy. Why is she even getting involved? Sorry you have to deal with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"