Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Poll: If you have girl AND boy

DH thinks girls are hard, and boys are easy children, I think it all depends on the individual child.  But, we wanted you girls to help settle this.  =)  Is your girl or boy the easy child?

Re: Poll: If you have girl AND boy

• Shell24Shell24 member

My DS is not even 4 months old yet, so I'll just give my opinion on what I think  :)

I think that girls are easier until they hit the preteen years, then boys become easier.  They both have their moments!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • star173star173 member

My kids are still too young, but everyone I know with older children/teenagers say girls are easier then get harder, and boys are harder then get easier. I"m sure it depends on the individual as well, but that's the general consensus in my life, lol.

• Loading the player...
  • So far (yes I know they are both still young....) my DD is MUCH easier than my DS was, even at that age.  She is LOW maintenance.  He was, and still is, a temperamental little guy!
    Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS was SO much easier than DD for the first 6 months, but DD had horrible reflux so it's probably not a fair comparison.  After that got under control they were about the same on the easy scale.  These days DS is probably a tad bit harder in many ways, but DD definitely has her moments too.  He flies off the handle more frequently, but when she does you better watch out.  I'd say they're probably about even all things considered. 
  • Depends on the day. Sometimes my DD is easier and sometimes my DS is easier. They're different people with different personalities that (IMO) really aren't tied to their gender. I'm sure it will always fluctuate. And yes, it's VERY child specific. No single girl is the same as all other girls and no single boy is the same as all other boys.
  • They're hard in different ways.  My DD is very emotional and particular, while my DS is super laid back.  My DD listens better, stays put, and generally stays out of trouble.  My DS can tear the house apart in 2 minutes flat and every time I turn around he's into something else.  Let's just say baby proofing is a joke with him.

My DD throws the worst, most awful tantrums and cries/whines a lot.  My DS doesn't.  My DD sleeps so, so well and always has.  My DS is the worst sleeper ever. 

• I know this isn't the perspective you're looking for, but I do think it's so hard to generalize. I have two boys the exact same age and one of them is much easier than the other! Like some pp's said, I really think it just depends on the child, and somewhat on how you raise them! ;)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I think every child is different. I have 2 girls and a boy and neither are the same.  I will say my first born daughter was a very easy baby than my son was. But now that my second DD was born, I'd say my son was a lot easier than her.  It all depends on the kid I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"