Special Needs
Options

feeling torn about going through eval process...

My oldest has a history of seizures.  I've always been a bit concerned about his speech.  I'm an EI therapist, but being on the other end is so different.  I want him to get the help he needs, but am almost afraid my concerns are founded.

Re: feeling torn about going through eval process...

• Options
    I think most feel the same way. I know I did and my gut instinct was correct both times. Can't imagine what would have happened if I hadn't gone through the eval. process.
  • Options
    I completely understand how you feel!  I am a special ed teacher and when I started to become concerned with Aiden's development it was very difficult for me to cope.  Now that I know my concerns were real I am reassured that I did the right thing by continuing to express my concerns with his doctors. Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was diagnosed at age 17 with epilepsy. In grade school through High School I had a major reading issue that went undiagnosed until my epilepsy was treated. I had Landau-Kleffners Syndrome as a teenager (very rare). It's challenging to a child's confidence to struggle and not know what the problem is. The process is scary at first, but there is comfort in knowing there is a solution.

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/landaukleffnersyndrome/landaukleffnersyndrome.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"