1st Trimester
Options

Sex concern

Ever since we found out, I have been nervous to get involved, I guess I am just waiting for my 1st appt. which is wed the 2nd for the go ahead, plus I have had some m/s and am super tired.  Before we found out though I thought "No problem we will probably have sex all the time, since we no longer have to play it safe." and now all I can think about is possible spotting or cramping, I am just scared, because I want to do everything I can to make this a heathly pregnancy.  What do you think?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sex concern

• Options
    Sex is fine.  Have fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Don't feel pressure to get it on right now.  Honestly for me and dh our sex life has pretty much been non-existant since week 5 (I know this is some drought hey?lol)  First of allI have been nauseaous when I get up in the AM and then I feel just generally gross from about 8:00PM and on.  Well with working full time, feeling exhausted and gross it just doesn't make for the best sexy time. 

I'm hoping further into my 2nd tri things get back on track but who know's.  I think we have to remeber we are building a human inside ourselves and that will generally dictate to us for the next while.  I talk about the lack of sex happening right now with DH and he totally understands and doesn't want me to put that type of stress on myself right now.  Good luck and don't worry, it'll happen when you are both ready and feeling like it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sex is safe, but don't stress about it. Do it when you're ready, relax and enjoy it :)
  • Options

I was silly and stressed about it too with my 1st. This time, I'll jump DH every second I get.

And it's good. 

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    kg_08kg_08 member
    Go ahead and have sex. If you DO happen to experience some spotting, just don't do it again until your doctor gives the ok... but for most people it's completely fine. I never had any hint of spotting, just cramping once or twice.
  • Options
    Hmm. I was like a rabbit before pregnancy and...well...that hasn't changed.
  • Options

I agree with PP.  It's not going to have any affect whatsoever on whether or not your pregnancy makes it to term.  If you don't feel up to it because you're sick (I know I don't feel well most days), that's one thing, but if you ever feel healthy enough, go for it.  Your partner will probably go insane having to go without for 9 months if you stay scared the whole time.  I feel guilty sometimes avoiding it for a week or more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejaysears:
    Ever since we found out, I have been nervous to get involved, I guess I am just waiting for my 1st appt. which is wed the 2nd for the go ahead, plus I have had some m/s and am super tired.  Before we found out though I thought "No problem we will probably have sex all the time, since we no longer have to play it safe." and now all I can think about is possible spotting or cramping, I am just scared, because I want to do everything I can to make this a heathly pregnancy.  What do you think?

i was nervous at first. just take it easy, no rough stuff. if you have any spotting be sure to call your dr.

Once you get out of the tired and sick stage your drive should come back, it took me till about  10 to 11 weeks to get the want back, but as long as your not running a high risk pregnancy or your dr tells you not to sex is safe and actually beneficial.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"