Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Would you put sunscreen on LO when going for a walk?

I take DD for a 20-30 min. walk in her stoller most days. Her head is covered with the canopy but her legs are usually in the sun most of the time unless we are walking in the shade. Would you put sunscreen on her legs?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you put sunscreen on LO when going for a walk?

• Options
    Yes. But I can't say I'm perfect at doing it...I know I need to get more consistent with it. We walk every night after I pick him up from d/c so sometimes I forget.
  • Options
    Yes.  If I know we are going to be outside for more than 5-10 minutes, the sunscreen goes on.  Even if most of her is covered. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Before 9 am?  Maybe not.  After 5 pm?  Probably not.  Anytime in between?  My girls have it on any part of their body that is exposed (and some parts that aren't)--regardless of whether they may be partially in the shade.

I live in the upper midwest where the rays aren't quite as bad as the south--we just went on a beach vacation and if it was between 7 am and 7 pm they had sunscreen on.  But I'm super anal about sunscreen because I am very fair and have had several pre-cancerous moles removed.  I hope to spare my girls that scariness.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Shell24Shell24 member
    I haven't, but after reading all these posts about what everyone else is doing I guess I will be from now on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Should I?

Yes.

Do I?

No.

In fact I hadn't even really thought about it. Embarrassed

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Last year when DD was more in the stroller, no I didn't worry as much.  This year we are using the wagon more and she's fully exposed, then yes.  We usually do our walks early in the morning or later afternoon so I don't worry about it as much either.
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.- Art Buchwald Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Always.  

But I'm anal like that (blame my red hair and fair skin).

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, and I do. I generally don't on cloudy days (and yes, I know you can get burnt on cloudy just as easily) when the burn time forecast is longer than how long we'll be outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"