2nd Trimester
Options

Glucose Screening Test

Hey Ladies,

A quick question for you. Just wondering if your fitness level and/or diet have a lot to do with the results of your glucose test?

I exercise (as most of you know) 5-6 days a week, and my weight gain is totally in check (17lbs through 25 weeks). I eat really healthily, but have enjoyed a few treats here and there.

I went last week for my one hour glucose test, and just got a call from my doctor. She wants me to go for the 3 hour test, claiming the results of that one were off. what is that supposed to mean?

Now I'm all paranoid that I've been doing something wrong all along, and have been eating things that I shouldn't have been, or not exercising enough,  blah, blah, blah...

Has anyone despite leading a healthy lifestyle had this happen? Do your habits have everything to do with your results? I'm kind of at a confused loss right now...

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Glucose Screening Test

• Options

Even the HEALTHIEST mommies to be can get GD. that is why this test is so ridiculously important.

GL with the three hour. It could still all totally be fine.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't *think* that has anything to do with it.  It's just something you may be predisposed to.  I had to take the 3 hour with W, and while it wasn't fun, I passed it (barely!).  I ate a bowl of icecream every.single.night during that pregnancy, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kg_08kg_08 member
    I havn't been exercising much, and I've been eating well, but definitely indulging sometimes, and my test came out just fine. With gestational diabetes it really has more to do with how your body is reacting to the pregnancy, and ANYBODY can get it. You didn't do anything wrong!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    argonneargonne member

Me.  I responded to your first post about the 1-hour test, when you said you would probably pass since you were active, ate well and have had target weight gain.  That was pretty much ditto for me too and I still had to do the 3-hour, which sucked, but I passed.

GD can strike even the healhtiest women. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"