Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Too much formula?

DS is only 2 weeks and today he has been acting so hungry.. he just ate 4 oz of formula!  Is this too much?  He usually eats 2.5-3 per feeding but today he seemed hungry and had 3.5 last feeding and then 4 this time.  We tried stopping him at 3 but he kept opening his mouth and sucking his hands and crying so it seemed like he wanted more.  We tried moving around to get him to sleep but that didn't work so we gave him the extra.  Is this normal?  I don't want to over feed him.. he didn't spit up.  Should we not give him so much?  He eats about every 3 hours...

Re: Too much formula?

• I let my LO have as much as he wants at each feeding.  When he was 2 weeks, he would eat anywhere from 2-4 oz at each feeding, it just depended on his appetite I guess. 
  • My doc told me that you're not overfeeding a baby in the 0-3 range until they're eating over 32oz. in a 24 hour period.  Obviously, 32oz. seems ridiculous for a 2w-old.  But 4oz. at a feeding isn't outrageous.  He could be going into his 3w growth spurt early too.  I know DD did and she ate like a hog that whole week!

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"