TTC After a Loss

I try not to be snarky, really I do....

...but this gender cake thing is so AWish I just can't even stand it. Especially making your family wear pink or blue clothing to indicate their "guess" of the gender?? I would be embarrassed to even ask my family to do this. It's just the gender. Really not *that* big of a deal to anyone but the mom and dad-to-be. Even the thought of a party or get-together to reveal it seems weird.

I got a text from my brother saying "you're getting a niece" when they found out the gender. I was totally cool with this. 

To each his own?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I try not to be snarky, really I do....

• Scout05Scout05 member

I agree, personally.

Whatever floats your boat. I plan to announce "hey, there's a beating heart and no cystic hygromas!!!!!!" with a lot more excitement than "omg there's a penis/vagina."

But that's just me.

• Agreed. Plus, I think finding out the gender is a special moment btw you and DH, not you, DH and ALL your family and friends at the Baby shower.

Just my opinion.

• Loading the player...
  • imageambrandau2:

I agree, personally.

Whatever floats your boat. I plan to announce "hey, there's a beating heart and no cystic hygromas!!!!!!" with a lot more excitement than "omg there's a penis/vagina."

But that's just me.

This. Health wins hands down. The boy or girl thing is secondary.

• I swear my SIL didn't find out the gender with #1 just to be an AW. She absolutely BASKED in everyone "guessing" constantly. Every day it was "now I think it's a girl" ...."well, now I think it's a boy"...."what do you think??" .... she just wanted the attention, I swear.
  • it's not really my style. And to have a cake baker know the sex of the baby before me, is weird. but to each their own. I'm not an overly cutesy person to begin with. 

But I will admit, I did something gagtastic cute to let my parents know they would be grandparents. It went over like a fart in church. That was $50 I could have put to better use.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Scout05Scout05 member
    imageShellShockedMama:

it's not really my style. And to have a cake baker know the sex of the baby before me, is weird. but to each their own. I'm not an overly cutesy person to begin with. 

But I will admit, I did something gagtastic cute to let my parents know they would be grandparents. It went over like a fart in church. That was $50 I could have put to better use.  

Be mine forever.

• I completely agree with you I could care less what the sex of the baby is I just want a baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageambrandau2:
    imageShellShockedMama:

it's not really my style. And to have a cake baker know the sex of the baby before me, is weird. but to each their own. I'm not an overly cutesy person to begin with. 

Be mine forever.

DONE and DONE! Do i get my own bedroom? 

• I've never gotten that far in pregnancy.  I assume if I ever do, I will be so excited that I will be over the top with all that gag-worthy stuff including gender cakes, and crazy ways to let people know we are expecting.  I think I've waited long enough, I deserve to go a little nuts with excitement.  
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Scout05Scout05 member
    imageShellShockedMama:
    imageambrandau2:
    imageShellShockedMama:

Be mine forever.

Well, the Doodle might insist on spooning.

• imageambrandau2:
    imageShellShockedMama:
    imageambrandau2:
    imageShellShockedMama:

Be mine forever.

I should hope so! 50 pounds of fur has to be tons of fun to spoon. 

• I've never heard of this before today.  It's kinda fun I guess for the shower guests, but Me, DH & the close fam would already know ....  NOt the baker, the butcher and the candlestick maker.....LoL

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Scout05Scout05 member
    imageShellShockedMama:
    imageambrandau2:
    imageShellShockedMama:
    imageambrandau2:
    imageShellShockedMama:

Be mine forever.

I should hope so! 50 pounds of fur has to be tons of fun to spoon. 

We won't mention the Doodle Farts.

Except to say "Legen-wait for it-dary."

• imageAGFaso:

....  NOt the baker, the butcher and the candlestick maker.....LoL

I just thought of a vulgar gender reveal involving roast beef, hot dogs, and the butcher. 

• Scout05Scout05 member
    imagelindsay.lou:
    imageAGFaso:

I just thought of a vulgar gender reveal involving roast beef, hot dogs, and the butcher. 

:::dead:::

• imageambrandau2:
    imagelindsay.lou:
    imageAGFaso:

:::dead:::

LMFAO

• That sounds like something SIL would do (ask everyone to wear pink/blue)

*I'll just shake my head and roll my eyes at that point thank you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• I'm not into the cake thing either.  I don't plan on finding out the gender anyway...well unless we end up with multiples.
  • Not my cup of tea either, but I just figure to each her own. 

I hadn't heard of the gender reveal cake being at the shower before - I thought it was usually a seperate party type of thing.  Again, I guess everyone does things differently.

• I don't think it's a big deal or bad, either way.  Each to their own.  I know that if I get to have another sticky baby, I'm going to cherish every moment and probably be goofy about it.  :)
  • imagefirefightersgal:
    I don't think it's a big deal or bad, either way.  Each to their own.  I know that if I get to have another sticky baby, I'm going to cherish every moment and probably be goofy about it.  :)

This. I think the cake thing is a little AWish, but with us only wanting one, I can't say we won't be a little silly and indulgent with it. Smile

• This entire post is cracking me up - thanks for the laughs!
  • i'll be honest, i like the idea.  i think it's cute and if we were gonna find out the gender we would totally do that. 
  • I think it's a cute idea, but now that I have had soo much perspective, I'm totally TEAM GREEN next time around!!!!  We just want a healthy one; we'll buy cute clothes later and have a shower when the baby is home in our arms.  I'm over the planning and preparing...
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did the gender cake ( few posts down) and feel what I did was white trash in your guys eyes.

Because I found out what my baby was in a cake does not mean I don't love my kids any less. I thought it was fun to all find out at the same time. Though wearing the colors as a guess is another thing I would never do.

But my husband really wanted to do it and we wanted to share this with our family.

As for it's not a big deal to anyone else, this was the first grandbabies for my parents who were estatic to find out. So were DH's parents his sisters and all our friends.

I guess to each their own huh?

• imageleneae10:
    I think it's a cute idea, but now that I have had soo much perspective, I'm totally TEAM GREEN next time around!!!!  We just want a healthy one; we'll buy cute clothes later and have a shower when the baby is home in our arms.  I'm over the planning and preparing...
    I think you should have a reveal cake party and make a green cake.

Because that'd be kinda awesome.

;)

• imageSunflower730:

I did the gender cake ( few posts down) and feel what I did was white trash in your guys eyes.

Because I found out what my baby was in a cake does not mean I don't love my kids any less. I thought it was fun to all find out at the same time. Though wearing the colors as a guess is another thing I would never do.

But my husband really wanted to do it and we wanted to share this with our family.

As for it's not a big deal to anyone else, this was the first grandbabies for my parents who were estatic to find out. So were DH's parents his sisters and all our friends.

I guess to each their own huh?

Uh...not entirely sure where you are getting "white trash" from.

No one said you loved your kids less because you did a gender cake. I'm glad it was a nice memory for you.

That doesn't mean I personally don't find the whole concept pretty cheesy. But that's where "personal preference" comes in.

You were hardly being singled out or picked on. This whole thing was based on a post on PGAL.

• Bump fart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"