Blended Families

CNN Article

I know there's a lack of education about the health risks in some countries but there's a video of a 2 year old smoking.  The mom smoked through her pregnancy and the 2 year old is addicted.  He smashed his head into a wall throwing a tantrum for a cigarette and vomits if he doesn't smoke.  He smokes 40 cigs a day:

https://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/05/31/indonesia.smoking.baby/index.html?hpt=T3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CNN Article

• Ohhh I saw this on CNN the other day.  I cannot believe it... The story said that when the parents wouldn't give the child a cigarette he would smash his head into the wall and harm himself, so they always gave in...

I really hope that they get medical intervention for this child and not just quit him cold turkey (well, I think that it may be less harmful and torturous) but in the end, that child needs to stop! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh woops!  I didn't realize it was a few days old.  I just got back from camping and was checking up on the world.  That dang top kill didn't work on the oil spill and there are smoking babies.  Not happy news to come back to!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • It still has a lot of popularity though :) Im always interested in hearing what others think about things though!! Good post :)
  • J&A2008J&A2008 member
    It's too bad they (Indonesia?  I can't quite remember) don't add "sin tax" to their cigarettes.  I doubt many parents would pay $15/day for their toddler to smoke.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • I remember the story saying that they pay about $4 a day for the child to smoke... but if he is smoking 40 cigarettes a day, isn't $4 cheap??

I agree (wow! haha) if they made the prices higher, the parents wouldnt be shelling out that kind of cash regardless of tantrums...

• SWmamaSWmama member

I read that the Indonesean government offered his family a new car if they would get him to stop smoking.

That just makes me so sad. And we argue here in the US about formula v. breastfeeding...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"