Baby Names

Rosemary

Do you think the movie Rosemary's Baby is finally old enough that this name is okay to use? I loved it so much as a little girl and still do, I just remember one time when I told my mom how much I liked it she mentioned there was this movie and Rosemary gave birth to Satan's baby. Well needless to say I eventually saw it and thought, well great that kills it, I can't use the name. But it seems like most people I know don't mention the movie if you talk about the name.... what do you think?

Re: Rosemary

• I actually think of the spice, and the song with the words "rosemary and thyme" and not Rosemary's Baby. 
  • It is the first thing I thought of, but I think it is a nice name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like it and tbh...I didn't think anything but cute when I read it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just think of the herb.

It's nms.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Scout05Scout05 member

I think of the herb; it's lovely, as a name, IMO.

• When I saw the title of your post I did not even think of that movie!  I thought "wow two of my fave names rolled into one."  I was actually thinking of this name earlier.  Very pretty!
  • I just think "very very old name" and not that movie... If you like it, go for it - but it's NMS. Sorry.
  • I've never heard of the movie, though I did think of the herb. It's nms, but I think I could warm up to it... if you love it, use it!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like it a lot!  I wouldn't have thought of the movie if you hadn't mentioned it.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Angel Baby: 5/29/08

• I wouldn't let "Rosemary's Baby" hold you back from naming your child Rosemary.  It's definitely a dated reference.  I was actually Rosemary for Halloween 10 years ago and only like a quarter of the people knew the reference when I told them. 

I love the name Rosemary, personally.

• I've never seen the movie, and I like the name. It lends itself to be shortened to just Rose though, in case you had planned on insisting on calling her Rosemary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • All I think of is the herb.....nms!
  • I don't think of the movie and I'm in my mid-30s.  I think you are good to go if you like it
  • I think of the song "Evil" by Interpol, and that old "Love grows where my Rosemary goes" song.  I don't think of the movie.

It's actually a really pretty name!  I just associate it with songs.  And really, how many people know either one of those songs anyway?   

• I think it's a pretty name. I've never heard of that movie.
  • I love the name and one of the only reasons I would consider using it is BECAUSE of the movie. If people didn't have that association, I think it would be much more popular and I wouldn't like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"