Babies: 3 - 6 Months

when to put the bumpers back on?

LO is finally sleeping in her crib now. The bumpers are off for now, but she's starting to roll...A LOT. I'm torn with what to do! Leave them off and worry about her hitting her head and getting her arms/legs stuck...OR...put them back on and worry about her burying her face in them?

Thoughts?

Re: when to put the bumpers back on?

• Liss_37Liss_37 member

I just put the bumpers back last weekend. DS can roll around now and i know if he got his face in them he'd move himself out of the way

that being said, the only reason i put them back is cause he kept getting his legs through the bars and he'd start screaming, lol

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• breathable bumpers have worked great for us.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • we got a breathable bumper....DD likes to curl right up to the side of the crib on her belly Sad. this makes me crazy enough, i can't deal with the thought of a real bumper. 
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • slukd79slukd79 member
    I was wondering the same thing today...  Bumpers still off at our house, but I feel like it is a matter of time before an arm or a leg gets stuck.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We use the bumpers and I have no issue with them. Have you thought about weaving it into the bars so that they can't get their arms/legs stuck and still provide some breathing room?

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• I never took the bumpers off, but our DD slept in a bassinet by our bed until she was almost 4 months.  By the time she was moved to her crib she was rolling in both directions so I feel that she can move well enough that I am not worried. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Once DD got to the age where she might roll, I took the regular bumper out and put in a breathable one.  I sleep better at night because I'm not worried about arms and legs getting caught or her re-breathing carbon dioxide.  Win/win for us.
  • We put the bumpers back on about a week and a half ago. We woke up to him curled up on the bars.
  • I put our bumpers on last week.  DS is very strong and started rolling over, all the time, a month ago.  He is very, very capable of moving his head if he needs to and spends lots of time doing little baby push-ups in the crib.  

I felt totally comfortable with it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"