2nd Trimester

Making a list...

We're making a list of items we still need to get for baby. This was created after our babyshowers. So we already have the carrier, bibs, blankets, bouncer, socks, day clothes. Anything else other than below that you can think of? I just recently started kinda panicking thinking about everything that needs to be bought and done.

nursing cover
nursing bras
nursing pillow
breast pads/cream
breast milk storage/nipples/bottles 6-4oz/6-8oz
dishwasher caddy
bathtub
babylotion/shampoo
grooming kit
thermometer-ear
diapers
wipes
bulb syringe?
diaper bag
monitor
crib
dresser/changer
stroller/carseat
bed set
extra sheets
extra mattress pad
extra sheets for playpen
rash ointment - Aveeno/Desitin
Baby cornstarch
baby Tylenol
changing table covers
mobile
hangars
plain onsie tops/onsies (as night clothes)
toys - rattles/soft toys
noise machine
baby mittens
bottle warmer
pacifiers
sunglasses
brimmed hat
refills for Diaper Genie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Making a list...

• i see you have brimmed hats, but not little jersey knit hats to keep on the baby. I am planning on buying some so that LO's head doesnt get cold @ the house, seeing as he/she is due in Oct.
  • Swaddle Blankets

warm carseat cover

little mirror for the car to see LO

pacifiers 

hooded towel

washcloths

gas drops? 

Alcohol wipes (to wipe belly button until it falls off)

You mentioned getting a noise machine. Just an FYI,  not all kids are fond of it... if you buy it too much in advance, chances are, if you don't use it, you cannot return back to store)

• Loading the player...
  • You don't necessarily need one but a swing either travel or full sized. Sometimes those pacifier savers are good so you don't lose them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are considering getting the Itz Been baby timer. It keeps track of feedings, changings,medication etc. I've read that it's helpful for 1st time parents.

https://www.amazon.com/Itzbeen-Baby-Care-Timer-Blue/dp/B000MEB3GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1275346681&sr=8-1

• My mom had a wipe warmer. I thought this was really neat and I plan on getting one just because I'm due in the middle of winter and I HATE the feeling of ice-cold things on my behind so I vowed i wouldn't do that to LO. :)

Also, I dont know if its really old-fashioned but what about one of those hanging diaper holders?

And finally, I can't wait to hang my "Baby on board" sign, something else to think about!

• smerkasmerka member

I would suggest getting the t-shirts that snap on the side and have the foldover sleeves.  We used these all the time when baby first came home.  So much easier than mittens. 

Also my guy hated hats and didn't really get into pacifiers.  So if you buy some, don't go crazy opening and washing everything.  Just the bare minimum until you figure out what LO likes.  That way you can take things back.

• imageorangedaisy85:

We're making a list of items we still need to get for baby. This was created after our babyshowers. So we already have the carrier, bibs, blankets, bouncer, socks, day clothes. Anything else other than below that you can think of? I just recently started kinda panicking thinking about everything that needs to be bought and done.

nursing cover
    nursing bras
    nursing pillow
    breast pads/cream
    breast milk storage/nipples/bottles 6-4oz/6-8oz- I used lanisoh milk bags.  I never stored in bottles.  I was a cow and had so much milk.  Bags allow for better storage to stack and make more room. 
    dishwasher caddy
    bathtub
    babylotion/shampoo
    grooming kit
    thermometer-ear- DS never sat still and hated it.  Plus I have found not always reliable, you can take a temp three time and get three different temps.  Waste of money for us. 
    diapers
    wipes
    bulb syringe?
    diaper bag
    monitor
    crib
    dresser/changer
    stroller/carseat
    bed set
    extra sheets
    extra mattress pad
    extra sheets for playpen-never used a sheet in ours.  I laid a blanket and it was super easy to change. 
    rash ointment - Aveeno/Desitin-I loved the A+D, desitin or any cream like was just gross
    baby cornstrach-never used
    baby Tylenol
    changing table covers- i think we have about 3 or 4
    mobile
    hangars
    plain onsie tops/onsies (as night clothes)
    toys - rattles/soft toys
    noise machine-like PP said some won't take to it
    baby mittens- never bought and he never scratched his face, until he was over a year old and now has a scar on his face. 
    bottle warmer- never used.  If  you BF and freeze the milk, you defrost under running water and it warms that way.  DS liked the cold milk. 

pacifiers- we used one from the hospital he never took. 
    sunglasses- DS won't keep them on
    brimmed hat- DS hates hats even from the beginning but it's worth a shot. 
    refills for Diaper Genie- we just put diapers in a garbage can and it works fine. 

Ok my two cents on that.  Also, we loved our bouncer and travel swing.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"