Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I am so jealous!

Of all you mama`s that have LO`s that SSTN.  Seriously, I pray to the Sleep Gods EVERY NIGHT if DS could just sleep for 5 hours.  He`s going to be 4 months next week and is still waking every 3 hours to feed.  Apparently this is the golden age where everything is suppose to come together.  Since he`s still breastfeeding, I don`t think I`ll start solids until month 5 or 6.  Until then, I`ve resigned myself to the thought that he probably won`t SSTN until he starts solids :(

Re: I am so jealous!

• We've started solids and mine doesn't STTN : )  Mine older two were both over 6 months before they STTN

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry. 

Our little lady was sleeping 9-11 hours a night from around 5 weeks up to 3 months when we went on vacation.  The week we were away from home it was complete regression.  She was up every few hours!  Since then she gets up around 2:30am every night to eat.  Oh well....

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsHyphenated:

Of all you mama`s that have LO`s that SSTN.  Seriously, I pray to the Sleep Gods EVERY NIGHT if DS could just sleep for 5 hours.  He`s going to be 4 months next week and is still waking every 3 hours to feed.  Apparently this is the golden age where everything is suppose to come together.  Since he`s still breastfeeding, I don`t think I`ll start solids until month 5 or 6.  Until then, I`ve resigned myself to the thought that he probably won`t SSTN until he starts solids :(

This is my life. Sad

• imagelaurel_howeth:
    imageMrsHyphenated:

This is my life. Sad

This is totally my life.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD has been all over the place on her sleep - use to be 7 hours for the first stretch and then 4 ish, now it's about every 3, and if she's up around 4am, she still wakes up around 5am and then falls back to sleep - I don't get that.

But, I have a question - why won't you start solids sooner with im being ebf?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry to tell you but solids didn't help for us. We tried rice cereal and oatmeal to no avail. He really didn't care for the rice (see siggy) and he liked the oatmeal but it didn't do squat for improving his sleep. It depends how many times we wake at night but it is always between 1-3 times.

• imageTMDMJAOCT07:

But, I have a question - why won't you start solids sooner with im being ebf?

I don`t want to rush solids because LO still gets very gassy from just BF.  Chalk it up to an immature gut or various things in my diet, either or, I just don`t want to chance complicating anything.  That plus if DS is eating approx 3.5 to 4 oz per feed times 8 feeds a day - he`s only getting 30 to 32 oz.  I think the cutoff for early feeding is 36 oz - 40 oz.  I know this is a guide and ultimately the decision (or sleep sacrifice) is with the parents.  My MIL thinks the same as you - baby`s waking because he`s hungry throughout the night.  I SINCERELY hope she`s right.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"