Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Big Boy/Girl Bed

so, when did you swap to the big boy/girl bed? My neighbor had a daughter a few weeks after I had AJ last year and I noticed tonight that they had the crib on the side of the road. Now, I suppose it's possible they just got a new crib for some reason. But it made me wonder: when's the right time to get rid of the crib? Is there a right time? I don't remember (been nearly 10 years since I had to do this!)

Re: Big Boy/Girl Bed

• We started today with nights. It's going good so far. We have done naps in the bed off and on for a few months. I didn't push it, I let him decide when he wanted to sleep in it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FordlorFordlor member

I just bought DD a twin mattress/box springs yesterday.  (She turned two last week).  We tried to get her to take a nap in it today.  It didn't work.  I figure I have about seven weeks to get her in the big girl bed before DD2 shows up.

If we weren't having DD2 in July, I would keep DD1 in the crib a while longer.

I don't think there is a right age to do it.  It depends on when your LO is ready. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ritzy19Ritzy19 member
    imageFordlor:

I don't think there is a right age to do it.  It depends on when your LO is ready. 

I agree with this.  DD is 18 months, and there's no way I'd have her in her own bed right now. Personally, I can't see even starting the transition until she's at least 2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• dd1 was almost 3 when she switched. dd2 will be the same. there's no way she'd be okay in a bed. im laughing thinking about it.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"