Preemies

Gas Q

AidgeAidge member
Not sure if this has to do with BFing, but DS #2 has been extremely fussy for the past 2 weeks and just cannot settle.  He is constantly crying if he's not being held upright and needs to be held for about 30 minutes after BFing in order to go down. Even at that, he wakes about an hour or less later crying... and a painful cry at that.  Pedi says not to worry, as he has a healthy appetite, is gaining like a champ, and is not in pain WHILE nursing.  Anyway, DS #1 had reflux and meds helped a bit... but it wasn't this bad.  I have cut out all foods that I assume might cause this reaction and still he seems upset.  Gas drops never worked either, but did anyone have success with any sort of gripe water, etc?  For the record, he is 6 weeks old but was born a month early... so is technically (by his due date) 2 weeks old.  TY!

Re: Gas Q

• OMG! I love gripe water! It has been our saving grace. DS isn't a crier but he does have major gas and grunts all the time. The gripe water has really calmed him down and he seems much more comfortable.
  • It sounds like reflux to me. I would go back to the pedi. He could have 'a healthy appetite' because nursing soothes the burning and he fusses after because it hurts again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemsalinardi@live.com:
    OMG! I love gripe water! It has been our saving grace. DS isn't a crier but he does have major gas and grunts all the time. The gripe water has really calmed him down and he seems much more comfortable.

Ditto all of this, but my son is a crier, a screamer actually. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gripe Water!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"