Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Do you put a hat on your LO when outside?

I try to remember to have one on every single time but sometimes we forget.  I notice that a lot of my friends don't even own a sun hat for their kids though!

Re: Do you put a hat on your LO when outside?

• Options
    we do not use a hat both DH and I are fairly dark skinned and Avery has never had a problem with the sun, we use a lotion with sun screen daily from head to toe after her bath and i also put extra on her face and head.
  • Options
    I do but he takes it off so I guess it doesn't count
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have hats for ds, but he just rips them right off, so we don't bother with them most of the time
  • Options
    Yes, we have one in her diaper bag so we won't forget. I rarely see others with hats on though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Usually I do, but it disappeared a few days ago. No idea where it went! lol
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Jen748Jen748 member
    If she is going to be in direct sunlight for a while we do sunscreen and a velcro "tied' hat. If she is going to be in the pool or shade, we usually skip the hat.
  • Options
    For the most part, we do. She doesn't always keep it on, though. Because of that, I always put sunscreen on her head.
  • Options
    Yeah, ds doesn't have a hat.  He's got enough hair, so I'm not worried about his head getting burned.
  • Options
    If she is in the sun, I put a hat on her, especially to shade her eyes. If we are hanging out in the shade, I do not always put it on. Most of my friends do put either a sun hat or baseball hat on their LO while in the bright sun.
  • Options
    Yes we almost always do.  To the point that the boys will point at their hats (in their room or the car), or their heads to show they need it on.  If it falls off they immediately are pointing, whining, and showing us it fell off.  We have 4 for each boy.

• Options
    DS won't go out withOUT a hat.  He puts on his shoes and grabs his hat then goes out.  If I try to take it off he gets mad.
  • Options
    jc&catjc&cat member

image6fsn:
    DS won't go out withOUT a hat.  He puts on his shoes and grabs his hat then goes out.  If I try to take it off he gets mad.

Same here. He knows "shoes, hat" and out. Helps that DH wears a baseball hat often b/c of fair skin so DS is usually right on board with a baseball cap. We just bought a few more for this summer. Bucket hat is a little harder to keep on him but we'll try at the beach.

• Options

I put a hat on every time DS goes outside.  He has been wearing some sort of hat since he was born, so he is used to it.

We have a couple of hats, so I usually have one around.

Now if only I could get him to wear his sunglasses, I would be happy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, absolutely every time we are outside in the daylight.  DS has no hair and fair skin, not a good combo.  He doesn't mind wearing a hat, so we are very lucky.
  • Options
    I got DD the Baby Banz hat when it was on babysteals.com. It has an adjustable strap so it's harder to get off. She can get it off if she keeps tugging and tugging but usually she does one tug and when it doesn't fly off she leaves it alone for awhile.
  • Options
    If we're going to be out for a while, yes. 
  • Options
    Yes we do. DH and I also like to wear baseball caps so DS wants to wears his as well. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yep, pretty much every time. I'm neurotic about the sun.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    DS has exactly one baseball cap that he will tolerate wearing, so I always remember to put it on before going outside. Otherwise he gets all squinty.

• Options

Yes, especially if they will be out in direct sunlight for a while (pool, playground, etc). However, as you can see from the pictures from our first trip to the pool yesterday, we apparently need to add new ones to our shopping list. The ones from last summer (a) don't fit their heads and (b) don't match their swim trunks. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options
    We try, but it gets ripped off every time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD and I are both very fair skinned and are always sunblocking and put a hat on her head.  She will wear it about half the time, but it goes with us everytime we are going outside. If I put it on her and distract her then she'll wear it. I hate putting sunblock on her hair- but it's not thick enough to save her from a sunburn.  So she wears one quite a bit outside.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemeldoo2002:
    Yes we almost always do.  To the point that the boys will point at their hats (in their room or the car), or their heads to show they need it on.  If it falls off they immediately are pointing, whining, and showing us it fell off.  We have 4 for each boy.
    this! DS knows if we go outside he has to wear his hat. We have made a big deal about wearing a hat outside that he knows he has to wear it. He always says mamma hat and daddy hat. We have to go and find hats for ourselves too.
  • Options
    If we'll be out longer than 15-20 min, yes. DS has SUPER light blond hair, and it's not like I can sunscreen his head!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageroxysurf99:
    Yes, absolutely every time we are outside in the daylight.  DS has no hair and fair skin, not a good combo.  He doesn't mind wearing a hat, so we are very lucky.

Can I just say your siggy pic is HILARIOUS?? I've seen it before, but I laugh every time! Priceless!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    When we go on our walks and its super bright, we put a hat on her. Plus, she looks so super cute in them. Now, if only I could get her to KEEP the hat on, then we'd be in business.
  • Options
    Always. And he keeps it on, too.
    imageimage Leslie G. My Bio| Bloggy style Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"