Babies on the Brain
Options

Random diaper question

If you choose to CD your baby and you send them to daycare, do they usually make a big stink about it? Or do they require disposables?

Re: Random diaper question

• Options

My front-runner for daycare allows kids to come with CD's.  They won't wash out the diapers because there's no toilet in the infant room so you just have to be willing to deal with those at home.  They just put them in the wet bag along with the other diapers.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tri047tri047 member

That was one of the questions we asked when we interviewed day cares.  If he went to a day care center (we didn't ask) he would have more than likely been in sposies.  At day care centers they change them every hour whether they need it or not.  I couldn't stomach throwing that many diapers away.

All the in home day cares we interviewed were willing to do cloth diapers.

ETA:  Our dcp does not rinse the diapers.  She just folds them up and puts them in the wet bag.  If he poops during the day we just clean them at home.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can offer another perspective. I work in daycare, and typically we do not allow CDs. But, some randm visiting director for some reason told a parent it was ok, and my director couldn't get out of it. There were a few stipulations, since it's mostly a matter of being unsanitary. The parents were required to provide a special bin for the diapers, which they had to launder themselves. Also, there were issues with leaks, which turned out to be from the diapers being too small, so they had to correct that as well. HTH
  • Options
    tri047tri047 member

imageAbc15379:
    I can offer another perspective. I work in daycare, and typically we do not allow CDs. But, some randm visiting director for some reason told a parent it was ok, and my director couldn't get out of it. There were a few stipulations, since it's mostly a matter of being unsanitary. The parents were required to provide a special bin for the diapers, which they had to launder themselves. Also, there were issues with leaks, which turned out to be from the diapers being too small, so they had to correct that as well. HTH

Possibly unsanitary if you leave them sitting around.  That's what the wet bag is for.

Cloth diapers will leak if they are not changed often enough.  They don't have that non-natural polymer that absorbs all the pee.

• Options
    Let me clarify Tri. These were poop leaks, and not from lack of frequent changes. The diapers didn't fit right, and the closures were worn. $or a while the parents refused to buy new ones, but a ball of poo rolling onto the floor was the last straw. Initially it was a matter of sanitation because we didn't have anywhere to put the diapers,hence requiring the bin. Also, I'm surprised at what you said about daycares changing every hour whether it's needed or not. Our state law requires that we check the diaper every hour, but we certainly never change a dry diaper for a new one. That's odd.
  • Options
    Our daycare center had never used them, but were willing to give it a try. Now they love them. C's switching to an in-home daycare in September, and that provider is also willing to try them out. Like pps said, they don't rinse them out--occasionally they'll flush the very solid ones--we take care of that at home in the evenings.
  • Options
    tri047tri047 member

imageAbc15379:
    Also, I'm surprised at what you said about daycares changing every hour whether it's needed or not. Our state law requires that we check the diaper every hour, but we certainly never change a dry diaper for a new one. That's odd.

I dunno...that's what the day care center told us.  We thought it was weird too.

Being a crunchy mama, I would never ask someone to do cloth diapering without giving them something to put the diapers in.  That is just ridiculous on the parents part.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member

we're really hoping ours will do it--just drop 'em in the container and we'll fight w/ 'em at home.

But if they don't, there's not much I can do about it.  (we've got other factors bigger in making the decision :-P)

• Options
    My daycare does not do CDing at all.  So if we chose to do CDs for Em (which we aren't) we would have to do them at home and do disposables at daycare.
  • Options
    mmkayemmkaye member

The daycare I worked at while in college wouldn't do CD's at all.  In fact, any of the large center type daycares around me won't because it goes against DHS standards (at least that is what I was told.)

So I am curious to see if I can find one that will let me when I have phantom kids because I would like to CD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When I worked in daycares they usually wouldn't take cloth diapers because of the whole it's unsanitary (I disagree with this but that was their reasoning). One daycare provided diapers so no one ever tried there. At the other one we had one little girl in the toddler room start and her parents used G-diapers with the disposible insert and they were willing to do that.

I think more places are starting to be open to them now though.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"