Upstate NY Babies

high fever = (

Poor baby has temp again Sad I don't get it, he has never been sick!

He was totally fine, and even playing happily when I was about to nurse him for bed....he was so so hot so I did a rectal temp. One thermometer read 105.6, and another 103.5.....both digital and done rectal. I don't know which is right, but it is scary!

Books and pedi paperwork all say high fevers are no worry. I gave him motrin and put him to bed after I nursed him, you think that is ok? Should I feel his head before we go to bed, or just wait until he wakes up? He is sleeping with the AC on/ceiling fan on and in a onesie.

My poor kiddo, I hope nothing is wrong!

Re: high fever = (

• Will he get cold with all that? I know when I have a fever I sweat and then freeze.  High fevers are normal inkids.  Ethan has never had a fever so I don't have any answers for you.  I hope it breaks quickly for you
  • Poor Ryan.  I don't have any answers but I hope he feels better soon
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww, hope he feels better soon!
  • I would at least feel his head again before you go to bed.. I have never seen eve's temp hit 103.. so 105 would scare me..
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • wendyjwendyj member
    Definitely check on him before you go to bed, especially if the Motrin has had time to kick in. It may have helped to bring down the fever, and he could get chilled. Also watch that it doesn't come down on its own and spike again. If it does, call the pedi. It could be a sign of something. For us, it was that fluid was building up in his ears. Hope he's feeling better soon!
  • Oh no! How scary :( Justin's ped said that as long as meds bring it down and it doesn't last more than a day- it's no worry.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"