Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Weaning from Paci and Clicky Inside

When and how did you or plan to wean from the paci?  G is an addict, and I was thinking that maybe I should wean her off it now, then attack the switch from bottle to sippy.  Is cold turkey the best method?  We did CIO for her sleeping issue.  For those who are proponents of CIO, would you reccomend that's how we handle getting her to sleep without it?  Other methods for weaning from the paci, especially for bed? 

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weaning from Paci and Clicky Inside

• Options
    meg1974meg1974 member
    She mostly uses it when she sleeps, which I am encouraging until she's 1 b/c it reduces the risk of SIDS. We'll probably start weaning after 18 months or so. I don't want her to suck her thumb, and right now if she wants the paci and doesn't get it, that's what she does. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We plan on weaning him to night time, naps, and car rides when he's a year old.  We already have him help us throw his paci back into the crib when he wakes up, but he still sometimes has it if he's not feeling well.

I want him off the paci by the time he's 2.5

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have no plans to wean him from it any time soon. I have no idea when we will do it but there are just so many other things coming up that he will be weaned from I don't want to do it all at once (nursing, bottle etc).
  • Options

DS takes it for naps, bedtime, car rides and now I bring it with me for stroller/grocery cart rides and only give it to him if he fusses instead of just giving it to him when we get there.

He would suck on that thing all.day.long if I let him.

I have no immediate plans to wean him from it.

• Options
    I've read that you should wean bottles/paci's by 18 months otherwise it's much harder to make the transition later.  So right now we are trying to limit the use so we can be totally done by 18 months. But it's hard.  Very hard so far.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"