Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Update for Blighted Ovum Posts

Hi Everyone,

I posted about two weeks ago about a possible blighted ovum. I thought I would share that the miscarriage started last night. The bleeding and the cramps are definately here. At least it waited until my doctor was back from her vacations.

I was actually going today to find out finally if there was a baby in there or not. Guess this answer the question.

While it isn't unexpected - we are still both very sad.

Re: Update for Blighted Ovum Posts

• Options

I am so sorry to hear that this was the outcome.  If you need to chat or vent, feel free to message me.  I had a BO as well, and I've had all sorts of confusing feelings about mourning what never was, being tricked by your body, etc....it's a hard situation (like everyone else on here, of course). 

Thinking of you and your DH tonight. 

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was in your same position last year. I had a d&c one year ago tomorrow...

Best wishes

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you very much for your support.

I was at the doctor's this morning and she gave me pain medicine (which puts her into goddess status for me), said lots of comforting things, and gave me the okay for sushi.

She also again showed me that the sac was always empty. It may sound strange but that actually made me feel so much better. She also stressed that since it lasted this long, she feels very confident in my fertility. Since we were worried about that even BEFORE we tried to get pregnant, I actually feel not-quite-complete-sh!tty about all this.

Afterwards I had lunch, sushi of course, with my husband. The poor guy is so tired. While I was in pain last night and trying to sleep, he woke up at every single groan and wiggle. I am a very, very lucky woman.

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I was in the same position last week unfortunately.  I had some spotting and because it was my first pregnancy got scared so I called my doctor. They did a transvaginal u/s and found the sac being empty.  I had a D&C on Friday as I was 9w6d.  There was never anything in there but it tricked my body into thinking there was.  I really don't know how to feel about the whole thing. My family is trying to be as supportive as they can as no one in my family has been through this before.  They keep saying God has a plan for us.  I used to think that as well but now I don't know what to think.

• Options

leigh10784: A very, very big hug from me to you. I wish that we could grab a coffee (since we can now drink real coffees) together and talk it all through because I totally understand the "God has a plan for you" feeling.

There have been a few times in my life that I asked myself the same thing and it hasn't been easy to hear that statement from others not currently going through my situation (whatever it may be). 

I hope that you have tons of support for this difficult time - and maybe you can ask others to cut it out with the "God has a plan for you" comments for a little while?

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  Blighted ovum or not, that didn't make you any less pg.  Big (((hugs))) to you.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • Options
    imagesassafras007:

I was in your same position last year. I had a d&c one year ago tomorrow...

Thank you for sharing this! You have such a beautiful LO! Congratulations!

• Options
    Oh, and also, we had a BO as well - nothing in the sac. I actually had a friend ask me this weekend, "so were you ever really pregnant?" Had to defend the fact that there was a pregnancy even if there wasn't a fetus. Bad feeling!! Hang in there! I know we don't always want to be told that bad things happen because it was in the "plan" but for me, I have to stay focused on the positive. it helps to keep saying that this experience has been a gift - this little miracle started and ended to teach me more about myself, my husband, our love for each other and our strength and I am better for it.
  • Options

imageabcNC:
    Oh, and also, we had a BO as well - nothing in the sac. I actually had a friend ask me this weekend, "so were you ever really pregnant?" Had to defend the fact that there was a pregnancy even if there wasn't a fetus. Bad feeling!! Hang in there! I know we don't always want to be told that bad things happen because it was in the "plan" but for me, I have to stay focused on the positive. it helps to keep saying that this experience has been a gift - this little miracle started and ended to teach me more about myself, my husband, our love for each other and our strength and I am better for it.

My co-worker had a BO and our other co-worker said (to me, not to her) - "so she wasn't even pg" - that kind of pissed me off. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • Options

imageabcNC:
    it helps to keep saying that this experience has been a gift - this little miracle started and ended to teach me more about myself, my husband, our love for each other and our strength and I am better for it.

this is really beautiful. thanks for sharing. I feel a little bit that way myself already too. 

• Options
    I am very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you found your way to the board a few weeks ago.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    imagentrick:

While it isn't unexpected - we are still both very sad.

Of course you are, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know this is such a hard time and I hope you get the support you need here. Actually I know you will, these ladies have given me so much.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry--I was hoping for good news :(   *hugs*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ugh, I would lose it if someone said the "never really pg" comment to me.  I have had that thought about myself once or twice in the last few weeks, lamenting that, "I'll never know if it would be a boy or girl," etc., followed by this nasty inner voice that says, "neither...'IT' wasn't anything...you were fooled."  Hearing it would be hard to handle from someone else though, especialy since I DO know (99% of the time, when I push the nasty voice away) that it WAS real, I HAD symptoms, there WAS at least a sac on the u/s, my betas WERE rising, and we all DID love this pregnancy and future.  Those things cannot be ignored. 

OP - It's interesting to hear that your Dr. thought it was positive your body kept it that long and that it could be a good sign for the future.  I hope that reassures some of your fertility questions.  I will try to look at this as a good sign too. 

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can imagine that this entire ordeal has been so difficult.  I'm sorry you had to go through any of it. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    Im sorry again.
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"