2nd Trimester

sunburn during pregnancy

I was up at my parent's lake house today and sat in the shade the entire time. When we ate lunch, my shoulder was in the sun for 10 minutes at the most. And now it's red. My skin is sensitive but I never get color THAT quickly... is this a hormone/pregnancy related thing too? apparently I'll be buying SPF 50 this summer...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: sunburn during pregnancy

• Seems to be the way it goes during pregnancy. I'm going to be talking to my ob about sunscreen options tomorrow at my appointment.
  • I've heard this, though my friend told me she had no issues when she was pregnant over the summer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah, I'm pale anyway, but I get sunburned much, much faster when I'm pregnant, no question - even the past few weeks when I've only been out for 20-30 min at a time. California Baby makes some nice non-evil-chemical ones.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Just to add.. I've already been sunburnt  and called to see what I could put on it, and Aloe vera is fine to use. Mine was a small area and they said aloe with lidocaine would be fine. I will be even more careful next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"