Maryland Babies

Exersaucer/Jumperoo?

DD has pretty much outgrown-- or pretty much no longer shows an interest in-- her bouncy seat, swing, and play gym.  We need something to entertain her when we're cooking, cleaning, or just busy with stuff.  I like having her on the floor just to explore because she's making some serious progress toward crawling, but I think a stationary item would be good for times I mentioned above, plus when she wakes up before we're done getting ready in the morning.

So, if you have either/both of the above, do you recommend them?  Any cons?  I know I can find them on Craigslist for good prices.  Which do you think would be better for my needs (DD is 6 months old and, like I said, pretty close to crawling)? 

Re: Exersaucer/Jumperoo?

• We have both. My aunt picked up an exersaucer at one of the local kid sales (I'm drawing a complete blank this morning) for $12. It's great. Annabelle loves to stand all the time. I find it great for her legs muscles and she's learning to explore so much. We also have a jumperoo (given to me free by a friend). At first she didn't like the jumperoo, but now she loves getting in there to jumping around. Actually when she gets in the exersaucer she tries to jump up and down.

DH thinks she's walk before she crawls with all the standing she does. 

• Both of my kids loved both.  They lasted longer (age-wise) in the jumperoo.  I even have pictures where they'd be in the jumperoo while I was making dinner, and they'd fall asleep b/c they tired themselves out so much.  Hysterical.  But you can't go wrong with either, in my opinion.
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't have a jumperoo, but DS loves his exersaucer! He spins round and round trying to put each thing in his mouth. :0)

And now I may have to look out for a jumperoo!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • we got a jumperoo for our family room downstairs from walmart which he LOVED....he still will go in it from time to time but really he would rather be exploring now. I think he loved it the most from 5-8 months. Babies LOVE to jump.....whoever invented that thing was smart.

I borrowed Kathryn's exersaucer  a little while ago and he still goes in that sometimes too. It keeps him in one place with stuff to look at/play with that is different from the jumperoo, so that is good. The funny part though is that he tries to jump in it like he does in the jumperoo, and its not quite as 'springy' so it makes a ton of noise which amuses him.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Enjoy your last few months where you can contain Nora - it won't last much longer!  Ella did like the exersaucer from about 6-9ish months though.

Once she started really crawling (around 9 or 10 months) she wouldn't stay in it more than 5-10 minutes.  She did like pulling up on it though and that lasted for another month or so.  Now she just plays w/ the tupperware or the cookie sheets or helps me unload the dishwasher.  She does actually help. ..

Or, DH keeps her entertained while I do something or vice versa.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We were given a jumperoo and DD loved it.  She liked exersaucers @ friends' houses too though. 

One of our friends has an exersaucer that is different than others I have seen, the seat sort of orbits around a little table/playstation in the middle. 

Also even before she could walk when she could just pull up she loved the fisher price music table.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • L loves both. I'd say she probably likes the jumparoo a bit more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"