Babies on the Brain
Options

Your thoughts on Boogie Nights

DH and I watched it today. I don't get all the fuss. I mean, sure, (almost) everyone is super hot and there were definitely a few steamy moments. But really? It just kind of dragged on and on and on. I called the basic plot line about 5 minutes in.

What am I missing here? Did the big secret go over my head? Have I not done enough drugs to understand?

DH thinks I'm nuts-it's one of his favorite movies. (I guess all the bare T & A doesn't hurt.)

Help a girl out.

Re: Your thoughts on Boogie Nights

• Options
    As in Dirk Diggler and his 12 inch wiggler?
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options

imageMelaneigh:
    As in Dirk Diggler and his 12 inch wiggler?

Indeed :P

I mean, if they actually showed his junk during the good scenes, then yeah, I'd be all over it. (I think that might make me a perv)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, DH is a huuuuge Heather Graham fan (me? I personally prefer my females without the bug eyes, TYVM).  I think it's really all the nudity and the whole is Mark Wahlberg's penis real or not thing.

BTW- I was just looking this up on imdb.  Did you know that he has a third nipple that they had to airbrush out of his newest movies.... kinda weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDanikat15:

Well, DH is a huuuuge Heather Graham fan (me? I personally prefer my females without the bug eyes, TYVM).  I think it's really all the nudity and the whole is Mark Wahlberg's penis real or not thing.

BTW- I was just looking this up on imdb.  Did you know that he has a third nipple that they had to airbrush out of his newest movies.... kinda weird.

LMAO at a third nipple- He's Chandler! (I shouldn't laugh- DH had a skin colored mole on his that looked like a third. We had it frozen off.)

Yeah, Heathers not that great, but that's probably because I like red-heads and brunettes :P

• Options
    Yeah, DH says he likes her because she seems normal and isn't perfect.  He also like Zooey Deschanel and she's kind of unique looking, too.
  • Options
    I'm not sure who has the bigger crush on Zooey Deschannel - me or DH.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options

imageMelaneigh:
    I'm not sure who has the bigger crush on Zooey Deschannel - me or DH.

Yeah, that'd be a toss up in my house too.

• Options
    See, that's Elizabeth Banks in my house.  And if you go with male star, it would be Johnny Depp.  They're on both of our lists of celebrities that we'd leave the other person for.  No lie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"