Parenting
Options

The stupidity of this makes me laugh...agree or disagree?

I hardly ever get annoyed or irritated by statuses on FB, because honestly, who really cares? If someone has an opinion on something that's fine with me.

However, one just struck a cord and the stupidity of it makes me cringe or laugh.

A girl I went to high school with posted a few minutes ago that "If you have only one child, there's a great chance that he will turn out to be a big disappointment, no matter how well you parent.  Wife and I have seen this with a friend who is an only child, and therefore, we will do whatever necessary to have two kids."  They currently have no children.

Ummm...okay. The one friend you have that is an only child is your sole basis for the above moronic statement?

I have only one kid and chances are we are one and done.  But I certainly don't agree with her opinion. 

What makes her the resident expert on parenting?  Why don't you try parenting one child before assuming those that can only have/or choose only have one kid will forever screw them up?

The kicker is, she's a lesbian, which is fine.  Her choice, no biggie.  But she is continuously posting about how she hates being judged on who she is, her choices, what not. So the  post makes me laugh at judging others.

Re: The stupidity of this makes me laugh...agree or disagree?

• Options

Well - that's certainly different.

I'm feeling pretty annoyed today, so I probably would say something along the lines that since she has no kids, she's the perfect person to make such observations.

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

Well, you are as likely to have no children as you are to have 1, so she just insulted 20% of the population.  IME, only children are fantastic.  My best friend is one. 

Oh, and I don't think that being a lesbian is "her choice".  I think, just like eye color, you are or you aren't.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Joe,

You are right, maybe choice wasn't the right word, I could care less about that, I just thought it was funny to see someone who hates being judged so much judge others.

• Options

I don't see where her being a lesbian fits into any of it.  And no, it's not "her choice." 

It doesn't matter how many kids you have, they all have an equal opportunity to disappoint you one day, no matter how you parent them.

I consider myself to be a successful adult, yet I'm still a disappointment  to my own mother.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options

Bubbly,

The lesbian part fit into it only because she is constantly posting about how she hates how people judge her for her choices (those were her words) so I thought it funny that she was judging about something she hasn't yet experienced.

That's all.  The post isn't about her sexuality, so I don't want it spinned that way.  I was showing how she hates when she is judged.

• Options
    So she doesnt want one kid because it might turn out to be a disappointment? Ok, yeah, that's weird.  But YOUR entire post about her is waaaaay more judgy than her FB status.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"