Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I feel like a little girl.

Just got off the phone with Mom and Dad.  They're leaving for Greece in a few days and will stay there at least until September.  They go every year.  Nice, huh? :)  But I'm going to miss them so much.  I always feel like a lost little girl when they leave. :(

Re: I feel like a little girl.

• Options

OOH I am jealous!!

Are your parents local to you normally? 

• Options

I still feel that sadness when I leave my parents' house sometimes - and I'm 29!  And they only live 3 hours away!

I'm a weenie, but I understand where you're coming from. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They live about 3 hours away and I have a hard enough time with that!
  • Options

I can't even imagine not having my mom/dad around for three months.

The little girls inside of me ((hugs)) you :)

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    GinghamGingham member
    Awww....that is a long time to not see your parents if you see them on a regular basis.  I don't blame you.  I cried like a baby when I found out my parents were moving 20 minutes away as opposed to 5 minutes away:(
  • Options

Envy.

I'm soo jealous. Good for them though!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RicolaRicola member

Oh, that sounds nice indeed. I bet it feels weird though, if you are used to seeing/talking to them often. My parents live in Germany and I don't know what we would do without our weekly Skype-date Smile.

I hope they get to enjoy their time in Greece, that would not be my number 1 country to go to at the moment. But I think the demonstrations are less by now and I sure hope it calms down soon.

Are you going to have a farewell-party or something?

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

Sushi, I understand!  You and I are about the same age!

Thanks Kerr. :)

• Options

Aww. I would feel the same way.

And ((hugs)) bc I feel like it's been too long since I've talked to you!!

Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options

Ging, that's sweet!

Ricola, they stay in the village my dad was born in.  It's out in the middle of nowhere.  I was more scared a while back with all the wild fires.  It's true that's it's been extra crazy lately in the cities, but Greeks always find something to riot about.  No farewell party. :) 

Amber! :) Hey hon.  How are you?

• Options
    Forgot to say that I was sorry that you will not be able to see them. I see my parents very rarely, so I know what it's like to miss them! They will be back before you know it. Hopefully when they do you will have a big belly to welcome them! Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope they have a great time! ?I would feel the same way. ?I sometimes get teary eyed when I leave my parents house!
  • Options
    Aww do you ever get a chance to visit them in Greece? I lost my dad when he was 47yrs old, he had a massive heart attack. I was only 23. When I visit my parents house it is still bittersweet for me. So I know how you feel. It's been almost 6 years now labor day.
  • Options

imagelovesmyboys:
    Aww do you ever get a chance to visit them in Greece? I lost my dad when he was 47yrs old, he had a massive heart attack. I was only 23. When I visit my parents house it is still bittersweet for me. So I know how you feel. It's been almost 6 years now labor day.

*big huge hugs* I'm very sorry.

I've gotten to visit them twice, once on our honeymoon. :)

• Options
    Thank youSmile I am glad you got to visit them! Maybe you could skype?
  • Options
    My parents don't have a computer there and I don't think internet access is available there. It really is out in the sticks! haha  :)  But they find pretty cheap calling cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"