Military Families

Hello! And I hate Georgia.

I've grown up an Army brat, and for some reason, married into it... the first place they move us? Freaking southern Georgia. Given, i love being close to the base, but it seems like many of the people here don't know WTF they are doing!!!!

sorry. rant. ugh. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hello! And I hate Georgia.

• magretmagret member
    I feel your pain!  We have been stationed in middle GA for 3 years....
  • i have heard people saying once they get stationed in Georgia, they never leave... DH is planning on retiring out and we're only in year four. I hope that's not true. I can't be here much longer. Savannah IS nice though... 
  • Loading the player...
  • magretmagret member
    Savannah is really nice, I enjoy visiting :)  And yea I know people that have retired here or plan on finishing out their career here and staying.  I am with you and could NEVER retire here. But I am also from a big city so it is a little different. :)  GL
  • I dont mind it too much since all my family is in fl and we live right on the border.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Youre only an hour or so from me!
  • Really? Where are you stationed at?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Ick, me too..I hate GA. DH is from there..and once he is out, we will NOT be moving there!
  • Stewart. About thirty minutes from Savannah
  • DH is from GA (I'm from TX) so naturally he wants to stay here. Boo!
  • We're at Stewart also!  We've been here 4 years and counting!  We like it but would not stay here permantly.  We are from NY and want to get back there someday!

• You're in stewart? We should get together!
  • imageSWine789:
    i have heard people saying once they get stationed in Georgia, they never leave... DH is planning on retiring out and we're only in year four. I hope that's not true. I can't be here much longer. Savannah IS nice though... 
    I will trade ya!! You will leave eventually. My husband spent the first 10 years in Georgia. We are now in HELL. Ft, Drum New York. I am dying to get out of here and go back to GA.
  • Yeah!  How long have you been here?  We live in Richmond Hill.  Always up for a new friend! :)
  • Since May. We're in Hinesville closer to Ludowici. I'll send you a message, so check them!
  • Wow, thanks for insulting my home.  BTW, we are at HAAF.
  • Dont get me wrong. I like being here, when I have people to hang out with. Just the people DH works with is making me hate being here. Wasnt trying to insult people. I never get to leave my house because no one ever has time to hang out so I'm miserable here.
  • I happen to really like Georgia- apparently I'm in the minority.  

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:

I happen to really like Georgia- apparently I'm in the minority.  

No way, I love Georgia.

OP, perhaps you should move out of hinesville aka Hellsville.  When we were stationed at Stewart we lived in Savannah on Henderson Golf Course.  Only 20ish minutes to Stewart for my husband and 20 minutes for me to work at Candler but it was so much better than living in Liberty.

• imageskinnursemandee:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

I happen to really like Georgia- apparently I'm in the minority.  

No way, I love Georgia.

OP, perhaps you should move out of hinesville aka Hellsville.  When we were stationed at Stewart we lived in Savannah on Henderson Golf Course.  Only 20ish minutes to Stewart for my husband and 20 minutes for me to work at Candler but it was so much better than living in Liberty.

I agree!

Plus, OP, the people around you are not from here.  Don't blame GA because they suck.  We didn't build 'em, lol. 

Try to get out more.  Being stuck in the house all the time sucks.  There seem to be quite a few of us from the area here.  Maybe we should plan a GTG or something. 

• That sounds good. We originally lived in Pooler, which I liked nicer, but I was sick all the time and waiting nearly an hour for DH to get to me so I could go to the DR (we only have one car ATM) was just hell so when I got pregnant, we moved closer so he could get home faster if something happened. (Plus I hated living on the third floor of an apartment building). I'm OK with living in Hinesville... I just need to make more friends. haha. A GTG sounds like it could be fun.
  • I'm totally with you- though my feelings are geared more towards OK since we were there last.  And I totally agree that if the people suck then you hate the entire state period.  I told DH I would divorce him if we ever had to go back...now I wouldn't actually do that.  I would just refuse to move back there and move back to the East Coast until his committment in the midwest was over. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"